News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airhawk2

Started by threepot, June 08, 2014, 11:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Has anyone got or had any experience with one? Out riding today for about 6hrs..serious 'numb-bum' symptoms :icon_frown:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

chinchliffe

I have an airhawk seat. Used to get some stick from the lads for my 'Girly seat' but they all have them now !! Highly recommended. Did 400 miles to Colditz with no numb bum and have just come back from Le Mans fresh as a daisy. They take a bit of getting used to, but just blow it up as low as possible.

Chris

threepot

They're not cheap..£89 for the Polyurethane and £169 for Neoprene. How durable are they?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

chinchliffe

I've got the cheaper one. Used it for about 10,000 miles. Still looks like new.

Chris

Bixxer Bob

:iagree  absolutely love mine. thought the price was ridiculous until I tried one, but now think it's worth every penny.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Which type have you got guys?
Came across www.sussex-motorcycles.co.uk.     They cut out the old foam,and replace with memory foam.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Main advantage with Airhawk, once you've inflated it correctly, is that by moving your weight around, the air in the Airhawk moves around and so varies pressure points.  Hard to visualise the benefit by reading this, but  trust me, it works.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

I've got one of each because I got a puncture in my cheap version so bought the neoprene version to replace it. Then I managed to repair the original.
Anyway, they are the answer to numb bum but you have to experiment with the pressure you put in it. Too much and it's riding a Lilo in a rough sea. Too little and you don't get much benefit. The trick is to have it so that your bum is just pressing into the seat so that you don't move fore and aft on the air pockets.
My advice:- if you can afford it go with the neoprene as it is more robust.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

Quote from: threepot on June 08, 2014, 11:11:48 PM
Has anyone got or had any experience with one? Out riding today for about 6hrs..serious 'numb-bum' symptoms :icon_frown:
You need to ride all day on a speed 3 ;) .......anyway, one of group has one and swears by it :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour