News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just bought me one of these:

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 11, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Ahhh... the good old Plastic Maggot. Either loved or reviled, but a good example of Honda doing it 'their way'. I hope you enjoy it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

http://www.caferacerkits.co.uk/   :icon_cool:

Not sure though, this one is in good nick, almost too good to cut up......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

First motorbike I ever rode on was one of these!  Scared the shit out of me.  :Topes
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Two choices:-

Wear that raggy old suit of yours (treat yourself please) sling a bag over your shoulder and blend in at a London couriers reunion  :icon_mrgreen:

I have a 1/4 fairing and clip ons that I'm not going to use anymore  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

That raggy old suit keeps the Costa Coffee warriors quiet.  Gives the impression I've done a bit, although to be fair, it's done close on 80,000 miles and is still waterproof.

1/4 fairing?  Hmmmmm.......

Chris Canning

Are we running a temperature!! midlife crisis!!suffering from a little depression or just lost the plot  :icon_wink:

Are you into sailing?? good boat anchor  :icon_biggrin:

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on June 11, 2014, 07:20:51 PM
good boat anchor  :icon_biggrin:

Now now. Be kind. All old bikes have to end up somewhere!  :icon_wink:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on June 11, 2014, 07:20:51 PM
Are we running a temperature!! midlife crisis!!suffering from a little depression or just lost the plot  :icon_wink:

Are you into sailing?? good boat anchor  :icon_biggrin:

:ImaPoser

Haven't decided what to do with it yet Chris, first I'll get it MOT'd  because I've never had a V twin so want to thrum around on it for a bit.  It might make a good "just popping to the shops..." runner as it's a bit lighter and easier to get in and out of my garage than the others.  It might just get shoved to the back of the garage with a cover over it until it appreciates a bit. Good ones are already sort-after.  Or I might do the cafĂ© racer project when I eventually get time.  I really haven't made up my mind.  Oh,b and the cost of the recent service and new tyres cost nearly as much as I paid for it  :icon_wink:

motoOzarks

There is one for sale here in Nixa craigslist as well.
I seen one for sale the next town over with a sidecar on it this past winter.

Did they make a variant with auto trans? 
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: motoOzarks on June 12, 2014, 01:02:30 AM
Did they make a variant with auto trans?

That was the Honda CM400A

bh00578

Im mulling over a cm400 now cuz its cheap and light. Make a good around town toy when I dont want to tiptoe on the tiger

Geoff W

If you can have a look at the August picture on The Carole Nash Custom Bike Calendar it should give you some inspiration. ......Not as much as the August picture on The Pirelli Calendar.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

Can't seem to find either.  you'll have to copy and paste them for us :icon_lol: