News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finally finished my CB550f project

Started by topher0268, June 13, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

As my signature says, I've had a 76 CB550 for 3-4 years now that I intended to resurrect and give a VERY mild café treatment. I finally got around to breathing some life back into it this winter and just put her back on the road last week. Thought I'd share a before pic and some "after" glamour shots  :thumbsup

Here's what she looked like when I acquired her for a very modest price. Good runner but WOW was it ugly and neglected. I picked it up for a couple hundred bucks from a coworker.

Here's what I've done:

Engine gone through and tuned (not much was done there really); Carbs rebuilt and sync'd; Mechanical bits sorted like brakes, chain, clutch and cables; correct forks found; rebuilt and installed; correct bars acquired, cleaned up and installed, bar end mirrors added, correct tank found, "red coted" inside, and dents repaired, air shocks replaced with more appropriate shocks, seat pan stripped of that awful king / Queen thing and café foam and cover added from Ebay, aluminum turn signals added, Lucas Tail light added, bike detailed and all chrome and polished bits MOSTLY cleaned up (still working there), and of course paint and custom tank and side panel decals. All done by yours truly in the garage and or the basement ..

Here's how she came out:

Guess what I'll be riding around town this summer .........   :wave
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

nickjtc

Well done. It's great how those old sohc Honda fours will respond to a little cosmetic tlc. I had a '79 650, but it didn't look as good as that one!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Spud

Sin_Tiger

I wish I could see those pics  :icon_evil: bl@@dy Nanny IT dept  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

Nice.
Im starting to appreciate alot of the older bikes.  this is an example of why.
good work. 
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i