News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK meet?

Started by greg, February 28, 2005, 11:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Somewhere in a thread I cannot find again someone was wondering if a meet up type thing might happen in the UK. Any enthusiasm for this?
2004 Girly.

Mr Mistoffelees

There was some talk about a meet down South Way like Box Hill / Ace Cafe etc.

I wouldnt mind meeting up with some fellow / girly riders who share the same passion and enjoy a good laugh over a burger & coffee - but any chance of waiting for the better weather ?

Mr M

(Southern Woss according to Northen monkey mate).
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

Robbie

Quote from: "greg"Somewhere in a thread I cannot find again someone was wondering if a meet up type thing might happen in the UK. Any enthusiasm for this?

Hi Greg

It happens all the time. there is even a web site dedicated to meets and runs out.

the next one on the list is:

"The timing just seemed right. The buttercups will be out, the kingfishers will be singing in the fields, the rabbits will be larking in the meadows. Romance is in the air. Time to give the Tiger its head and rip the sh*t out of the tarmac.

The venue is the Brecon Beacons national park and the parts of rural Herefordshire that your mummy told you never to visit. There's satanists and child molesters in them there hills.

Be that as it may, this one brings together a few roads that we know and love as well as a few less trodden ones. We will meander gently along tight little hedgerowed lanes, sweeping A roads, over moorland tracks through firing ranges and past quaint abandoned chapels.

So there will be lots of good opportunities to warm the tyres and good stopping points to discuss the meaning of life and the quality of mercy.

Starting point is Chepstow castle car park at 9.45.

A466 via Tintern to Monmouth

A40 to Ross on Wye

Anyone wanting to join us at Ross, meet at the petrol station on the A40/A49 junction (as in the past) at 10.30.

A49 towards Hereford, turn off onto

B4521 to Abergavenny

Stop at Abergavenny bus station/bikers' stop for a well earned coffee and kitkat chunky

A470 to Brecon

B4520 via Upper Chapel to Builth Wells - lunch somewhere here?

A470 to Llyswen, then Glasbury

B4350 to Hay on Wye

B4348 via Peterchurch & Much Dewchurch to Ross on Wye.

And home.

About 138 miles all in.

Looking for a good turn out on this one. Lots of people within easy reach and Jim has offered to bring a posse over from the south east. If we can get a crew from oop north again (Craig, Robbie etc), a healthy south west contingent and a bunch from the Midlands (are there any Tigers there?), it'll start the season nicely.

Let me know if you can make it so we can prepare the little old lady in the ice cream van on the moors above Brecon.

I understand the 'I attended a UK Tiger Run in 2005' medals are being smelted in the far east by sweat shop labour even as we tap away, and I know you all get as excited as I do about these mementos of our great trips out.

We look forward to seeing the old regulars, the old irregulars (where were you in 2004, Lindsay, Norm?), the stalwarts, the occasionals and the newbies. You all mean a lot to the management, however often you turn out. You will be welcomed at Chepstow with a vacuum flask of hot soup to slot into your new Touratech GPS and drink holder*.

*While stocks last.

Let me know on here if you can come and we'll wait for you. Ring or text me on 07973 149288 if you're going to be late.

Cheers,

Rich"

more details at :

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_tiger_rides/

Fun day out riding, chance to meet others and check over bits. talk about solutions everybody welcome.

plenty of people from this site atend so you can put faces to names.

Mr Misto

There will be an Essex crowd going so try and hook up with them.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

greg

Cheers for the info, you haven't put a date in above so I  assume it's the 3 April date. Looks good, I can make Chepstow Castle car park for 9.45am ok. It's in my diary.
2004 Girly.

SIBBO

Me and BP will be along for this one.............(BP note the date is the 3rd which is a sunday not the 5th as we discussed as that would make no sense).any other south easties coming along ? it is a cracking ride out.

BP_LONDON

heheh, thought the 5th was a weird date...Ill try and take the 4th off too, that way I can recover for 2 days!!!

I'll definitely be there Stuart, was a excellent ride last time out - although my bum hurt big time on the way home! 8)  :twisted:

SIBBO

Just a reminder to anyone that didnt see this,also could someone confirm its still on.

Any southern tigers going ?

SIBBO

Looking at the other site it looks like southerners can meet at reading services for about 0800 hrs.

BP see you there ?

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Looking at the other site it looks like southerners can meet at reading services for about 0800 hrs.

BP see you there ?

Gotcha. Will be there at 0800 hours. I HOPE the weather is good!!!

New-Tiger

I'm looking to get to the reading services for 8 as well.... C ya there

Ash