News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speeding In Europe

Started by Chris Canning, July 07, 2014, 11:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Now I've been lucky over the years and seen the best of travelling Europe at any speed I liked and no one gave a dam,the French have had a major clamp down and I had an interesting encounter with the Dutch police on the way home from Assen,I had a mail from a friend recently  about two friends coming up from South Western France who got done by the law and it got very expensive any other experiences??

John Stenhouse

Only that the French have realised that they can make money from doing everyone for speeding. I stay with friends near Alencon on the N12 and they see the police set up the trap every week and spend the day booking anyone daft enough to exceed the 110 limit from Alencon towards Paris.

What annoys them most though is the way the trap works is a car sits at the end of the road from the junction to write the tickets and then two bikes actually do the pulling over and deliver the victim to the car. The bikes then return to their waitng spots full whack in every gear.

Now your not telling me that an FJR1300 doesn't exceed the 90kmh limit after second gear, so it's do as I say not as I do.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

It`s getting worse in Spain too.

Been over regularly over the past year, the police can now prosecute you for offences without even stopping you.  :icon_frown:

Bixxer Bob

It's been tight in France for a while now, that's why we stuck to 10 kph or so over the limit as a maximum .  Like in the UK, they're not after folks stretching the limit, they're after people taking the piss.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

My advice to anyone going do your home work while in the UK and be prepared for all eventualities there's plenty of info on the net  :icon_wink: my experience of speeding in Europe is nothing like in the UK you couldn't get done for 85 on a motorway in the Uk if you tried that is not now the case in Europe the police have some interesting counter measures.