News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

10 Countries run for charity

Started by mat-tiger1, July 09, 2014, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hi All,  :wave i've just returned from a big adventure (for me at least :icon_redface:) taking in 10 countries around Europe in 5 days for Dementia charities, covering a total of just under 2500 miles ! :bug_eye

The adventure started on Monday 31st June when four of us (two Tigertriple members, Myself & Tigertony & two ABR members, SexySi & AfricaJohn) left Eynsford in Kent & set out to ride the 70 miles to catch the morning Ferry in Dover.

After landing in Calais, we spent the day riding the 350 miles to our first campsite in Dijon via Stelio & Reims.

Tuesday 1st July saw us journey from Dijon to Andermatt Bahnhof in Switzerland via Geneva, taking in the 'Furka Pass' en route.  :icon_cool: (Well worth a rideout there if you ever get chance! :icon_mrgreen:) a total of 344 miles.

On Wednesday 2nd July, we headed down to the Italian boarder via Chur & Saint Moritz  :icon_cool: before heading up into Austria (through the pouring rain :icon_frown:) to our next destination, Bad Endorf in Southern Germany. This was around 400+ miles, but it felt a lot more! :icon_eek: Not enough hours in the day to go to Slovenia like i'd hoped, but i had a plan!! :bad

Thursday 3rd July saw the big push up through Germany in the lovely sunshine to our next campsite in Waxweiler via the Nurburgring  :bad (400+ miles! :icon_rolleyes:)

Final day - Friday 4th, another early start to take in Luxemburg, Belgium & Holland before blasting down to Calais for the afternoon ferry!  :thumbsup (302 miles)

Then, because i hadn't quite got my 10 countries in... I headed from Dover to the Welsh border before heading home to Cannock! Another 300+ miles, which wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the perpetual traffic jams on the M25! :BangHead

So that was my big adventure!  :icon_biggrin: i've put a few photos on herre, but you'll find some more on my Google + page if you're interested :icon_scratch::-

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?hl=en&tab=iq#photos/104292189854011747639/albums/6033349887921129105

Also, if you're feeling generous, you could also donate to charity by following this link :icon_wink::-

https://www.justgiving.com/Ivor-Mathias

Cheers guys,
See some of you in Scotland at the end of July?? :wave
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

John Stenhouse

Well done that lad, for a good cause too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Congrats on a successful trip, seems a bit frantic jamming those big miles in - in 5 days. Good to see Tonys 885i made it ok too :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i