News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Misfire

Started by Boo, July 19, 2014, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

Ahh thanks gentlemen. Hopefully I can have a reasonably easy fix then. I will try to get it up to Plymouth this week for a set up as there is nobody in this neck of the woods who can do the job for me. I really should not be messing around with hi tech things, my forte' is much older metal.
  Many Thanks,
       Boo.  :icon_salut:

Bixxer Bob

My first move would be get your mate to clear the fault, ride it , then check again.  If it re-occurs, fair enough, but - if I'm paying someone to do the work - I want to be sure they are doing the work that needs doing.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Boo

Unfortunately he could not clear the fault, his program was not up to spec or something. The fault has cleared its self in the past only to return again. If I get it done at Bridge garage then they can hopefully solve the lot of it as I want to go to Italy on it next week. I have lost all faith in modern bikes :Topes and if it goes tits up when I'm in Italy I will not be a happy bunny. Think I will dig out the Commando if all else fails. And NO it will not let me down.

Chris Canning

Bixxer and Metalguru deal with these threads it's either your thing or it isn't,I've always had mine done by a Triumph dealer Bixxer had a bad experience and decided to do his own thing I've used 4 different dealers and they have all be good,the trick with this subject is either jump in with both feet and have a go or stay away and do what I do,the thing is avoid is what your doing and thats tinkering on the fringes because it'll all end it tears and you most certainly won't be going to Italy.

Bixxer Bob

:iagree

And with time pressure on it's unlikely to end well if you embark on it on your own.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...