News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sat Nav's

Started by Spud, July 21, 2014, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I am booked on the ferry from Poole to Santander 23rd of August I'm spending 2 weeks in the Pyrenees on my DR 350 before heading north to the channel ports. I am looking to use my Garmin Vista handheld to navigate which does a good job at DR speeds.

The question is does anyone know if I buy a new micro SD card map of Europe for the Vista can that card then be used in my Zumo 660 to update my mapping on that, or in other words will the Zumo accept the micro SD card

cheers Spud  :thumbsup 

John Stenhouse

Don't know, but a micro sd card is what's in my Garmin Nuvi
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Garmin are really funny with locking their maps and compatibility between devices, I'd suggest downloading a free map to an SD card might be a cheaper option. Pity I didn't know you were going to do this or I could have passed you an EU SD card to try or a spare 660 mount at least.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Thanks Lads, the Etrex is battery operated so no worries about it being charged and I use it for walking as well, on road they work quite well at lower speeds. I will be camping in the mountains and on route back north so I'm not sure about being able to charge things.

I will have a look at the free down load options and get a paper map

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

daveb

have you thought about 'nav free' it's an app for your phone, media device
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.ALL&hl=en_GB