News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Tiger(s) and the Stag

Started by Spud, July 27, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Back home around 6.10 pm having covered about 1407 miles in 4 days on some of the most stunning roads and scenery known to man.
Cheers to all who attended for making it a great weekend and a big   :thumbsup for Sin for the organisation. Wales next year then Taff ?   :eusa_clap

RR a to follow when I sort photo's out

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Fross

What a great weekend in Scotland and what a great bunch of bikers, I enjoyed every minute. I rode home to Essex in one hit without problems (but it was wet for the first 200 miles). 534 miles from campsite to home in 9 hours 15 minutes riding. My Tiger did 1630 miles in the 4 days. Sorry Spud I beat you :bad

Cheers everyone, can't wait to do it again :eusa_clap
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

threepot

I'm still in Carlisle! nice to meet you guys :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

Quote from: Fross on July 27, 2014, 11:27:33 PM
What a great weekend in Scotland and what a great bunch of bikers, I enjoyed every minute. I rode home to Essex in one hit without problems (but it was wet for the first 200 miles). 534 miles from campsite to home in 9 hours 15 minutes riding. My Tiger did 1630 miles in the 4 days. Sorry Spud I beat you :bad

Cheers everyone, can't wait to do it again :eusa_clap

Well done mate good on you  :bowdown , any time you are up this way or fancy a spin around Wales give me a shout

Fross

Quote from: Spud on July 28, 2014, 09:39:40 AM
Well done mate good on you  :bowdown , any time you are up this way or fancy a spin around Wales give me a shout

Thanks Spud. I said I got home OK but there was one incident I was just pulling onto a large round about to take the third exit (a right turn) when a rice burner came round at full crank and knee down. As I pulled out behind him suddenly another one appeared, to ovoid a collision I opened the throttle and dropped the clutch only to lift the front wheel skyward. :bug_eye I caught up with the first rider so quickly I had to lean right over to make the turn. I had a laugh afterwards at the thought of what it must have looked like. Two racing leather suited riders on rocket ships with knees down and in between them a touring Tiger fully loaded with luggage going at same speed/lean angle but with knees gripping the tank in fear of his life!! :wheel
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.

Fross

I should admit I'm amazed I didn't come off, apart from a slight wobble when the front wheel landed, the bike performed the stunt superbly. :notworthy

Spud

That will show them  :ImaPoser

PeteH

Link to Tiger and the Stag run
http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Tigger3i/library/Tiger%20and%20the%20Stag
what a great four days I had great roads and views and even better company, Big thanks to Niall :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

threepot

Got home about 7:30 PM today. Did the lake district again on my way back :thumbsup. Covered 1950MLS altogether. Bike averaged around 57mpg up to the meet,didn't check back.       From about Cockermouth on the way back,my alarm,which I thought was disabled,decided to start working again..whilst riding!! Got some strange looks all the way to Preston,where I pulled into a McDonalds,got myself a coffee,took nose fairing off,and cut the f#$&*%g wires!! Its not an adventure unless something like this happens eh? Anyway,already planing Wales next year :nod
Took some film of the meet,as soon as I work out how to put on YouTube,from the gopro,I'll send you the link..fingers crossed??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Fross on July 28, 2014, 03:04:23 PM
Two racing leather suited riders on rocket ships with knees down and in between them a touring Tiger fully loaded with luggage going at same speed/lean angle but with knees gripping the tank in fear of his life!! :wheel

I would pay good money for a picture of that  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Fross

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 29, 2014, 02:22:44 PM
I would pay good money for a picture of that  :thumbsup

It would be the wheelie that I'd like to have on film. I was  :Topes myself  :wheel

aesdj

Top weekend. Special thanks to Sin for all his effort. Nice to meet you all. Didn't take many pics but I'll have to upload them after my holiday as I'm mode under getting the car/caravan ready for Saturday.

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i