News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scotland 2014

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 30, 2014, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Here's my shabby attempt at on-bike footage, 15 minutes of boring stuff then the battery gives out just before it gets interesting  :BangHead

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

First, I'm glad to see everyone made it home without incident and eventually dry.

Next, I'm sorry that the weather report wasn't as accurate as I'd hoped for and the lack lustre breakfast service will be brought to the campsite management attention.

That over with, I'd intended to say this on Sat night but didn't as there was a good flow of banter that it would have been inappropriate to interrupt.

I'd like to say thanks to all who managed to find the time and budget to make the trip and meet up such an enjoyable event. It's difficult to imagine such a diverse range of like minded Gentlemen which should not really be a surprise given the cooperative and supportive nature of the forum. To those who couldn't make it, you were were missed, we were thinking of you and perhaps even talking about you  :icon_wink:. Respect to those silver tongued charmers "Powerbrush" Pete H and "The Wrong Trousers" XJC who managed to blag coffee and snacks from the Ladies of the Curvy Bikers group.

I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the photos and videos in due course. I didn't take many myself as I was trying to keep focused on the routing, which didn't prevent my making a couple of short excursions, I think I got away with it and nobody noticed, U turns are an oft neglected skill anyway.

Couldn't have been done without the long suffering assistance of my other half and of course the support and experience of Bixxer was invaluable. Hope those that can will be back to explore places we didn't get to see in the relatively short time, we have lots more.

Lastly, a small competition, open to no residents of Scotland only. What does the name "Bealach na Ba" translate to in English? prize will be appropriate , runner up gets a wing mirror to fit a red Volvo estate!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Pass of the cattle? Really sorry I couldn't do the trip btw, I think I missed out big-time there  :icon_cry:

Sin_Tiger

Well you were fast enough to get the prize and it will be right on your doorstep next year by the looks of things "The Tiger and the Ewe"  :thumbsup

PM me your postal address please. Forgot to ask how you got on with the bar end weights.

Small aside, 51mpg over the weekend  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 30, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

Wow, lucky you. I am jealous. Are you totally stock with regard to carbs, exhaust and air filter??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on July 30, 2014, 03:34:25 PM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 30, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

Wow, lucky you. I am jealous. Are you totally stock with regard to carbs, exhaust and air filter??
**HINT** their gallons are bigger than ours.  :bad

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on July 30, 2014, 07:13:09 PM
HINT** their gallons are bigger than ours.  :bad

Coming from the land of Imperial gallons, that is the only language I speak.

The best Stanley has got since I have been riding has been 42mp(Imperial)g. So anyone who is getting high 40s or even 50s mp(Imperial)g is very luck, imo.

threepot

Before the Saturday run.
Spud,Fross,PeteH and myself at JoG on Fri.
Mist on the hills
NE side of 'Ness'
Sleeping 'tiger's' and a very nice Trident
Camping in Coniston on the way up,and some ales I sampled there!
Nr Tongue on fri
95 Super111
96 Tiger

motoOzarks

Keep the pics up guys.
Somebody should label the pics, who's bike belongs to who etc.
Maybe even a pic of the riders.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Hopefully that'll be coming from whoever took the group shot at Eillan Donnan Castle. The one on the Loch from the movie Highlander before you ask Nick  :icon_lol:

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 30, 2014, 11:02:31 PM
The one on the Loch from the movie Highlander before you ask Nick  :icon_lol:

Har har, har de har.  :icon_wink:

NortonCharlie

01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Sin_Tiger

Which one of you guys has the shots with the "Curvy Bikers" posing just before we headed off?  :icon_scratch: I promised I would forward a copy to them.

Nick Calne

Quote from: motoOzarks on July 30, 2014, 10:25:27 PM
Keep the pics up guys.
Somebody should label the pics, who's bike belongs to who etc.
Maybe even a pic of the riders.

I'll do that when I get a chance at the weekend.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Spud

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 08, 2014, 06:00:06 PM
Which one of you guys has the shots with the "Curvy Bikers" posing just before we headed off?  :icon_scratch: I promised I would forward a copy to them.

The official photographer took them AKA the nipper or Mats Son

cheers Spud