News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Good to see this lot back.....

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 12, 2014, 02:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

A mate of mine used to race a CCM motocrosser back in the 80s, man these things had some grunt !!

http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/

KK

ps just had a good look on there site at all the farkles they offer and it look like they've been checkin out TT.com and ADV for ideas  :icon_smile:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

I saw one of these at the Vancouver motorcycle show in January. I was impressed to see a new slant on the whole adv scheme of things. They have a tough nut to crack getting in to Canada, unfortunately.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Spud

must admit I have been very tempted with this bike, I think I will wait a little longer until it actually goes on sale and has seen the road in the hands of a few owners. But when I can no longer throw a leg over the Tigga then perhaps that will stave off the desire for a cruiser  :icon_redface:  :augie

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Don't go there Spud, a cruiser will f*** up your back.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Spud

Quote from: John Stenhouse on August 12, 2014, 10:53:08 AM
Don't go there Spud, a cruiser will f*** up your back.

Could never have a cruiser mate, I tried horse riding once and went and put a pair of "Chaps" on and got laughed out of the stables and the attached shop, gayer than gay comes to mind and would of been kicked out of the "village people" for not looking hard enough  :icon_redface:

Sin_Tiger

It might have been the combination of chaps and the fluorescent yellow C3  :bad

My attempt at a test ride they got the months mixed up and the bike was in bits when I fronted up so I got a bit of priority at the NEC. Now I'm no Crosser, my trials riding is very limited and long long ago in another galaxy and my short ride on a Supermoto didn't make me want to rush out and get one but half an hour on the GP450 was enough to have me put my hand in my pocket for a deposit.

You have to see the bike close up to appreciate the engineering detail and thought that has gone into it and is bloody fun to ride. Looking forward to next year   :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Heard a rumour that Triumph are doing a little something with a possible Tiger Cub, now that would be nice a light weight adventure Tiger  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

There is definitely a 250 single road bike coming, heavily styled on the Street Triple, at least partially built in India, factory people wouldn't be specific but I happened to see a box of new single throw cranks in a far corner when I was on the factory tour. Knowing Triumph utilising engine development to the fullest, I'd be really surprised if they didn't do an XR type version.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

The new bike from CCM looks amazing. I'd love one, or something like it as it would need to say tiger on the side.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KuzzinKenny

Hooooold the bus !!

did he just say it has a BMW motor ????  :icon_scratch:

i'm out !!

:ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on August 12, 2014, 11:50:16 PM
did he just say it has a BMW motor ????

Yup, indeed. There could be worse choices, surely...??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Given that BMW were using the Rotax 650 single in their bikes, you have to make up your own mind.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

It is a Rotax engine that was previously licenced to BMW. BMW's current twins are made by Kymco in mainland China  :icon_wink:

Nick Calne

A 40bhp bmw engine...

That's probably a little too slow.  Why not a ktm single producing 70bhp? That would be better surely? I still like it a lot though.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

I saw this at the Adventurebike Festival in Wales last year. Being quite forthright..............yeah, yeah, who me? I told them that it was a pile of shite.
A 450 is no good for doing any long distances and motorway is out completely as it'll shake itself and rider to bits. Who needs/wants electrically adjustable (expensive) suspension on an advenutre bike which is likely to go horribly wrong in the middle of nowhere? The luggage options were bespoke so you couldn't put any of the stuff you already have on it without much head scratching.
The guys reply was that it for people who want to load it on a trailer to get it to the trails and then go and play. Hahahahahahahaha! I walked away laughing. Complete nonsense.  :Topes
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.