News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Good to see this lot back.....

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 12, 2014, 02:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: blacktiger on August 13, 2014, 05:21:39 PM
The guys reply was that it for people who want to load it on a trailer to get it to the trails and then go and play. Hahahahahahahaha! I walked away laughing. Complete nonsense.

The guy 'doing' the demo here at the bike show was mostly concerned about getting any sales at all. Especially since the bike had not been homolgated yet for Canada. Good points, though, about a potential buyer. Personally, I would try to get my destinatation by not using motorways....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

On the power thing, I used to say to my dealer when I had a 650GS, it's good but would be great if it had 70bhp instead of 50.  His reply was that Rotax had said that 50 was the max if you want sensible service intervals and reliability.  KTM do get more bhp out of their engines, but do they also tick the other boxes?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

The engine can be uprated to 65 bhp with a map upgrade, they were still doing tests on running at that power to check how it would affect the servicing interval for doing longer trips, as BB said, and as he also pointed out, we're not really comparing apples for apples or oranges for oranges for that matter.

For a thumper it was pretty good, I won't say vibe free but it sat quite happily at 60 with plenty left. I don't like bashing up and down M ways period, I would be avoiding them.

That wasn't what I was told about using more commonly available boxes, the boss told me he'd been asked that a lot and told everyone the same answer, for a nominal fee they would modify the stock racks to suit quite happily. As for trailering it, why? I thought you could only trailer HD's  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 14, 2014, 12:14:37 AM
As for trailering it, why? I thought you could only trailer HD's  :augie

Now now, be kind. All kinds of cruisers like to ride in the back of pickup trucks or on trailers. :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"