News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Flooding carb

Started by TR5TRIDER, August 20, 2014, 04:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Sin , your not the only one who's guilty of it ...........

anyone familiar with the term"Jump the Shark" ?

it refers to the point when a television show has become not as good as it was .....................

or more recently "when a thread on a forum has left the original topic "

nickjtc

And to hijack Mustangs hijack of a derailed thread............ here is where the expression came from:

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

I read somewhere that the Fonz couldn't really ride a motorbike. All the shots were with a bike on a dolly. Now I realise that he couldn't water-ski either.
My water-skiing career ended with me flailing madly and falling head first, mouth wide open into the discharge from a Newfoundland fish processing plant.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

TR5TRIDER

Herewith the solution to the flooding carb (#3).Must have had the carbs on and off the bike 4 or 5 reps. After each change i / alteration to the bank of carbs I put them back on bike and plumbed them them up to auxiliary fuel IV and waited for the leak to show itself or not. Checked float bowls for trash and flushed out carb passages w/cleaner. No joy still leaking. Next checked and reseated new orings on float assemblies, again no joy. Checked float level adjustment found all to be the identical. Raised float adjustment to 15.5 mm, mounted carbs once again for test and leaking carb leaked no more. Put tank only on bike and made a quick road test all is well. Changed oil as per Mustangs suggestion. Tigre now has her clothes back on and is running strong. So float level is the culprit in the case and only one carb flooded while all 3 had identical float settings. 
Thanks all for the help,

Bert

Mustang

:thumbsup a result is a good thing  :wheel