News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Yamaha MT09 Tourer

Started by Chris Canning, August 20, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 06, 2014, 05:09:38 PM
Blimey we really are being spoiled for choice

You are right.

I think I must be the only 'odd' one out here, though. There is no question that modern motorcycles are in all ways superior to the ones I started riding on... reliability, value for money, sophistication etc, etc. But (showing my ghof-ness) there are none out there that really 'do' it for me. Even if I won the lottery I would have a hard time plonking the money down on anything out there that is bang up to date. Although the Honda Grom :ImaPoser does push some buttons.....

However, if money was no option, a pristine RC30, Norton Commando, my '72 CB175, etc, etc, etc would be nice in the garage/living room.

Frankly, the GS750 at 37 years old, Stanley at 18 years old and  the XR650L at 17 years old are just about perfect for me........
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

My brand new Kawasaki H1A in 1971 still thrills me with thoughts of it's light switch power band only to be brought down to earth with the thought my modern day cooking XT Supermoto puts out almost as much HP.

Living in the past that's not for me I've no problem looking over my shoulder to check where I've been but it's where I'm going that interest's me.