News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Yamaha MT09 Tourer

Started by Chris Canning, August 20, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Well that's the headline in MCN but it's a big trallie Triumph better get their dancing shoes on and get their corporate finger out because with and the new BMW XR the competition is a coming.

threepot

Triumph do seem a bit slow in releasing new bikes. But their resources are small compared to some of the competition.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

A bit moot for us, perhaps, because we love and ride the older generations... We don't need those fancy pants new fangled modern contraptions.  :icon_wink: :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Quote from: nickjtc on August 20, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
A bit moot for us, perhaps, because we love and ride the older generations... We don't need those fancy pants new fangled modern contraptions.  :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

That's exactly that because it isn't new fangled!!! it's new and basic.

Nick Calne

Looks great, Chris.

Like a steamer but with 30bhp more and 50kg less.

And how much less than a new tiger? Lots I suspect.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on August 20, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
Looks great, Chris.
Like a steamer but with 30bhp more and 50kg less.
And how much less than a new tiger? Lots I suspect.

Where are you seeing pics of this new beast??

Chris Canning

Not exactly helped by the size of the guy on it  :icon_eek:

nickjtc

Thanks, Chris. The MT-09s are quite rare over here. I've  only ever seen one. That new version looks quite tasty.

Sin_Tiger

With the Trophy doing quite well against the competition, must of them are laid up  :augie and the gap between the Sprint GT and Tiger Sport small and somewhat blurred, Iwouldn't be surprised to see an unholy child come out of that. I'm sure I'm not the only one to see that.

Triumph just need to get the balance right and the pricing. I don't know what Yamaha have done but they're doing it right.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I suspect that there are bunch of motorcycle execs at most of the big firms wondering just that Sin.  How are Yamaha doing it for the money?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on August 21, 2014, 04:28:46 PM
How are Yamaha doing it for the money?

Maybe they are making a pot load of money on their musical instruments and can afford to pare prices to the bone on the motorcycle side to win back market share...???

Chris Canning

Biggest problem you have with the Jap stuff is getting a demo on one like Triumph/KTM/BMW they ain't,I can't remember how much I paid for 955 in 2001 because I part ex'd my 885 but it can't be more than 500 quid under the Yamaha full retail  :icon_eek:

threepot

I remember Yamaha were one of the first to 'hike's their prices a while back,and everyone seemed to follow. Lets hope their starting a trend the opposite way?
95 Super111
96 Tiger