News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finally got one !

Started by qbto, August 24, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbto

After years of lurking and contemplating I finally took the plunge and got myself a 955 in the bestest colour :icon_mrgreen:

KuzzinKenny

Hey qbto !! It's about bloomin time  :icon_lol: why did ya wait so long  :icon_scratch:

Have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

Jealous, always liked that colour
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on August 25, 2014, 12:44:05 AM
Jealous, always liked that colour

+1. That'll rip your eyeballs out even on a gloomy day! :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Micko

+2 and defo love the colour. Think it would ride me Mrs mad and would refuse to get on the back...so happy days!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on August 24, 2014, 10:29:45 PM
Hey qbto !! It's about bloomin time  :icon_lol: why did ya wait so long  :icon_scratch:

He's too busy hob nobbing with Celebs  :pimp

I can almost see the glow from Ayshire  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

qbto

It had to be roulette green, I would have regretted any other colour.  :icon_razz:
Pretty sure its got gel seats, its as comfortable as my GSX1400 with its bespoke seat.
Picked it up in Blackburn after a 3 hour train ride, rode it south to Wales to visit a Steamer owning mate, stopped for the night and rode it the 250 miles back to Glasgow the next day.

Bad points, one piston on left front calliper is binding, seal kit and new pads ordered.
Pipes too quiet and screens to loud, new Delkevic pipe ordered 
Hope its loud enough to drown out the wind roar ! :icon_mrgreen:

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

motoOzarks

I run heavy equipment alot, for many years.
huh?
ya, it's hard on the ears.

solution for daily use?

Special made plugs for your own ear.  Left and right aren't the same.  There are online kits, but I go to a clinic(I've lost a few so get them high viz).  Fill your ears with what feels like toothpaste, then send them off, and they mail them back.

They stretch the ears at first like new shoes, so a little sore at first.  Once you try them you will realize how stuuuupid the foam ones are.  No comparison from convienence, durability, much less noise suppression.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: motoOzarks on August 26, 2014, 12:38:08 AM
Special made plugs for your own ear.

Yes, if they are made correctly, and of the right material.

I got a set made at the BC bike show last year and they are nowhere near as effective (for me) as the kind of disposable foam ones that I use. But, they were 'cheap' compared to the high tech ones that take days to make, so I cannot complain, because you get what you pay for, after all.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

cdubya

Gorgeous in roulette green qbto. Congrats!
Wind roar/buffeting:
Get some nylon plastic cylindrical shim material from your local hardware store along with some longer screws/bolts. Shim out your stock windshield from the the fairing 1/2" - 3/4" to allow some air to get underneath the windshield. It's a must, it's cheap, you'll love it.
Enjoy, man. She's a beauty.
06 Girly

qbto

Made my own sports screen from an old ZZR1100 screen (ZX1100 in North America)  :icon_mrgreen: