News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Midual type 1

Started by daveb, August 25, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

nickjtc

Very interesting. I thought they went t/u long ago.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: daveb on August 25, 2014, 09:54:27 PM
The company I work for designed and built the gauges.

Very nice, not so much the price but it is unique.

I wonder if that means your mates are a bit closer to making the retro dual gauge I've been bending their ear about  :blah
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 25, 2014, 11:17:21 PM
Quote from: daveb on August 25, 2014, 09:54:27 PM
The company I work for designed and built the gauges.

Very nice, not so much the price but it is unique.

I wonder if that means your mates are a bit closer to making the retro dual gauge I've been bending their ear about  :blah

correct ST, we can trace our Herritage back through the years to when SMITHS owned the company.

our biggest market is classic gauges off original tooling. we still make the original mini speedometer.

this is where I work as a design engineer www.caigauge.com
our bike site is www.smithsspeedos.co.uk

also we have a distribitor in the USA for motorcycle stuff  http://www.smithsgaugesusa.com/

Sin_Tiger

:iagree I get goose bumps seeing great styling line this with modern technology and done in the UK.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Well if you like British bike builders, have a look at the Gladsone #1, the speedometer is stunning

http://www.gladstonemotorcycles.com/motorcycles/gladstone-no-1/

Can't say what else I am working on until press release

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Not a fan of the style either but you're right, it is stunning and very elegant. That's very much the style of instrument I'm hoping for but as a Tach with digi speedo / ancillary data.

daveb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 27, 2014, 09:53:31 AM
Not a fan of the style either but you're right, it is stunning and very elegant. That's very much the style of instrument I'm hoping for but as a Tach with digi speedo / ancillary data.

thats what we are developing at the mo.

Sin_Tiger

threepot

Quote from: daveb on August 27, 2014, 07:07:37 AM
Well if you like British bike builders, have a look at the Gladsone #1, the speedometer is stunning

http://www.gladstonemotorcycles.com/motorcycles/gladstone-no-1/

Can't say what else I am working on until press release
Similar to the Vincent's one.  I play Bowls against 'Tick Tock' Their bowling green is behind where the old Smiths factory once stood.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

daveb

Yep it's similar but in a billet cast, while the Vincent was in a cast cast

the old tick tock is now tescos,  the factory is about 2 miles further north.

I will have it keep my eyes open for another tiger near work. We are next to continental service station. Various name changes over the years
Smiths, Tudor, Lucas, vdo, then cai.

daveb

Well I am off next Wednesday to visit the company who build the midual,

Riding down and back on the tiger

Sin_Tiger

daveb

Think I will  be walking like John wayne after this trip 

Swansea to Plymouth 190 miles
Plymouth to Roscoff - few hours on a ferry
Roscoff to Angers 210 miles

then return journey home