News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Midual type 1

Started by daveb, August 25, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

There is a short article in Bike magazine about the bike this month, if you fancy a look.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

daveb

the magazines don't do it justice, after seeing it in the flesh its amazing, the attention to detail mind blowing. its a monocock chassis,  which is also the fuel tank all cast in 1 piece, they designed their own engine from scratch. high grade quality leather.

To see it on the road was increasable, not many have seen it on the road.

the engine crank covers are colour coded to match small areas of the bike. to see the monocock straight from the mould then machined then polished you can understand its a passion for motorcycling.

The guys there ride the bikes everyday.

nickjtc

Quote from: daveb on September 28, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
the magazines don't do it justice, after seeing it in the flesh its amazing, the attention to detail mind blowing.

For 140,000 Euros I would hope so :augie :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

daveb

People wouldn't bat an eye lid on a £250k car for a bespoke luxury car, so why not for a bespoke bike.

Nick Calne

If you look after these things carefully they go up in value. I expect some people will watch what happens then make an 'investment'.

nickjtc

Frankly, I would rather have one of these sitting in my living room than a Brough or Vincent. Sacrilege, I know, but let's face it a Midual is a much more useable machine, and it will probably go up in value....

daveb

The bike was launched at Pebble beach last month, I see you also mentioned a few old british bike names too, Brough & Vincent

A few other names to look out for Arial, Matchless, Hesketh sadly I have not designed the gauges for these 3 machines.

Chris Canning

I'll take the Aerial with the optional big tank and Ohlins everyday when it comes to making money a Vinnie will do just fine.

Nick Calne

I think the Ariel is a thing of beauty but what happens when you drop it and scratch that external frame? :bug_eye

Chris Canning

Errrrrrrrr you'll end up with the same problem as many other bikes that crash badly  :icon_scratch:

Shame Honda didn't build a bike along similar lines instead of the tube of guts that they did!!

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2012/2014/june/ariel-motorcycles-are-back-with-1273cc-ace/#.VCnL9010y70

Nick Calne

Not an easy, or cheap, thing to replace, Chris.

Chris Canning

Suppose not if you don't have any insurance  :icon_wink: if your looking for investment anything that needs a Whitworth spanner will do of course all that is subject to the interest rate because when that finally starts to move all car/bike prices will drop just like before.

Nick Calne

A mate of mine bought a Ferarri a few years back maybe 2009 or 2010 for £70k or so and its worth about £150k now. Some sort of special edition apparently.  He's basically made a lot of money by having a nice car to potter about in.

More fun doing this sort thing than working for the cash!

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on September 30, 2014, 09:49:47 PM
More fun doing this sort thing than working for the cash!

If you've got the spons up front to be able to do it...... :icon_rolleyes:

For me, just a lottery-winning dream. :icon_cry: