News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Flash-To-Pass not working

Started by sailorcolin, August 26, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailorcolin

Before I take the unit apart to check the connections, is there a common problem with the Flash-to-Pass feature not working?

Bixxer Bob

Not heard of it before, but there's not much to go wrong.  Before you wade in,  I assume the main beam is actually working?  Just asking the idiot question because I've made the idiot mistake twice this week so far.  If you unplug the cluster at the first plug, check for continuity across the brown (number 12 pin) and red/black (pin 7) when the button is pressed.  If nothing then you need to open up the switch.  If you have continuity you need to check that you're getting 12v on the blue/black wire and that the blue/white wire has continuity from the plug to the RH headlight.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

sailorcolin

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 26, 2014, 08:24:06 PM
Not heard of it before, but there's not much to go wrong.  Before you wade in,  I assume the main beam is actually working?  Just asking the idiot question because I've made the idiot mistake twice this week so far.  If you unplug the cluster at the first plug, check for continuity across the brown (number 12 pin) and red/black (pin 7) when the button is pressed.  If nothing then you need to open up the switch.  If you have continuity you need to check that you're getting 12v on the blue/black wire and that the blue/white wire has continuity from the plug to the RH headlight.

Thanks!

John Stenhouse

Mine don't work, can't be arsed to take it apart
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TigerT

Mine's bust as well, I just flick main beam off and on
2003 Girly
1999 DR350

sailorcolin

Fixed it. The connections behind the button were dirty and after cleaning them it works now!