News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

General electrical query

Started by TigerT, September 01, 2014, 05:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerT

I have a tiger 955i and a suzki dr and have some electrical power cord (for heated gloves) to put on both but don't want to connect to direct to battery. I am not too clued up on bike electric but know you can plug into wires somewhere so the power is only on when the ignition is on and there are not lots of wires coming off the battery. Can anyone explain the best way to do this in simple terms?
Thanks
2003 Girly
1999 DR350

Mustang

Quote from: TigerT on September 01, 2014, 05:24:40 PM
I have a tiger 955i and a suzki dr and have some electrical power cord (for heated gloves) to put on both but don't want to connect to direct to battery. I am not too clued up on bike electric but know you can plug into wires somewhere so the power is only on when the ignition is on and there are not lots of wires coming off the battery. Can anyone explain the best way to do this in simple terms?
Thanks
relays , triggered by the tail lamp wiring .
The tail light is always on with key switch , at least USA models are .

but if electrickery is not your friend ............
the simple way is to pay someone who knows what they are doing , and have them do it !
SERIOUSLY................ :icon_wink:

this will give you some ideas

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5255.msg32093.html#msg32093

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on September 01, 2014, 05:49:21 PM
but if electrickery is not your friend ............the simple way is to pay someone who knows what they are doing , and have them do it !
SERIOUSLY................ :icon_wink:

Never a truer suggestion spoken.... +1.

It's embarrassing to fumble around deep in the innards of your bikes wiring to do a 'modification' only to find smoke coming out of bits that smoke was never intended to come from.  :icon_redface:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

TigerT

Having looked at that link, I think I will take your advice and get someone on it who knows what they are doing!
Many thanks
2003 Girly
1999 DR350

Sin_Tiger

There are a few members around your neck of the woods, someone might take pity on you, if you trust them  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I'm seriously maxxed out work-wise at the moment, but if you are really stuck, can't find anyone closer and you don't mind venturing  up to Norfolk for a day I'm happy to help.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Bottom line: if things go pear shaped there are always fuses to save your bacon  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Yup, and on some fuses you can fry the bacon  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

How come these threads always end up talking about bacon  :hat10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

nickjtc

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i