News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What a Plonker!

Started by Micko, September 02, 2014, 07:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abcwarrior

did the same on bodmin moor, front wheel on a bump rear on a bump, feet dangling.
I hit the floor like a ton of rocks.
took 2 of use to lift the old girl back up.
2001 Girly

Micko

Aye heavy lasses but got all the curves in the right places! :bad

nickjtc

Quote from: Micko on September 10, 2014, 08:36:28 PM
Aye heavy lasses but got all the curves in the right places! :bad

The bikes are nice too........ :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 02, 2014, 10:43:47 AM
You're not alone  :icon_rolleyes: I just dropped the Thruxton before I even got out of the garage and couldn't get around the other side, had to use a ratchet strap onto the Rangie  :nap
:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser - Sorry! However, at the beginning of August, as I was loading for a camping trip..........  :icon_smile: (don't have a brick under the side stand while loading)  :icon_redface:

London_Phil

Every time I get mine out of the garage, I have to wheel it across uneven grass, on a slight incline, heading for the concrete standing area, always a dicey maneuver. Dropped it a number of times, always try to aim for the grass

haggis95

My Tiger took a tumble recently.

Tiger needed a bath. My front drive is quite sloped, so I backed the Tiger round the side of the garage up the front path (which is brick) and ever so slightly sloped.

So, I'm hosing the wheels and the bike moved a fraction. I didn't quite believe it and in the split second I took thinking about it the bike slid forward on the wet brick surface, side stand gave way and over she went. I tried to grab her from the wrong side, and put my back out.

I didn't get a photo of her down on her side - it was too depressing.
There's a Tiger in my garage

Nick Calne

The moment you try and save it you are going to put your back out. If its over the point of no return all you can do is slow the fall so maybe it is better to let it down as gently as possible.

The real 'badge' for the sleeping tiger club should be a bloke holding is back being castigated by his wife.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on September 22, 2014, 09:16:26 AM
The real 'badge' for the sleeping tiger club should be a bloke holding is back being castigated by his wife.

Unless it is her that caused it to fall over by trying to get off before the pilot had secured and supported everything.... :nono
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"