News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What a Plonker!

Started by Micko, September 02, 2014, 07:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micko

A deserted car park off a minor road in Scotland at 8am Sunday morning. Didn't know what I was thinking of and feel a right pillock. Took a bit of lifting!

Sin_Tiger

You're not alone  :icon_rolleyes: I just dropped the Thruxton before I even got out of the garage and couldn't get around the other side, had to use a ratchet strap onto the Rangie  :nap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Check your battery.  If it is not a sealed one then the electrolyte can spill out making the battery poor.

Go on, ask me how I now this... :icon_rolleyes:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on September 02, 2014, 11:37:12 AM
Check your battery.  If it is not a sealed one then the electrolyte can spill out making the battery poor.
Go on, ask me how I now this... :icon_rolleyes:

And acid is not kind to various parts of the bike. Don't ask ME how I know!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Micko

Umm....never thought of the battery and was just happy everything seemed to be working ok. Sounds like you both have experience of this sort of thing eh?!!

The other downside is that I showed the Mrs the photo and she says she's not getting back on the bike again if I can manage to drop it so easily. Every cloud.

KuzzinKenny

Hey Micko !! "What a Plonker!" Eem no !! You've just joined the official Tigger sleepin club !!  :icon_eek:  :ImaPoser

i've got 3 stars  :ImaPoser

its weird how ya cant stop them goin down but find the strength to get them back up  :icon_scratch:

tip for being down on the right side, put in gear and put side stand out  :thumbsup

hope you or Tigger aint hurt too bad !!

KK 
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Micko

Ta KK and good to hear it happens to others as well. Just heard from a mate on Facebook and he dropped his doing a u-turn with loads of people around and ended up blocking the road for a while until someone gave him a hand. Poor bugger!

Got reasonably chunky boots which protected my ankle so came off lightly as did the bike with only a few scratches to the LH pannier. Otherwise can't spot anything else so lucky.

Tigger sleepin club....like it but just don't want too many stars eh.

nickjtc

Maybe there should be an official 'Tigger Sleeping Club' badge for those of us that have had those little oopsies...  :augie

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on September 03, 2014, 11:55:36 PM
Maybe there should be an official 'Tigger Sleeping Club' badge for those of us that have had those little oopsies...  :augie

:nod

That'd be useful to cover the scratches  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 04, 2014, 06:45:47 PM
Quote from: nickjtc on September 03, 2014, 11:55:36 PM

:nod

That'd be useful to cover the scratches  :icon_redface:

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

:nap

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Sin_Tiger

Nick Calne

If there was an olympic games for tiger owners power-lifting a tiger back onto its wheels would definitely be an event.  This bloke is doing it wrong though...

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: nickjtc on September 05, 2014, 06:00:11 AM
Two badge ideas.....?????

As a big Calvin and Hobbs fan, I'd have to go for the second one  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 07, 2014, 11:31:46 PM
Quote from: nickjtc on September 05, 2014, 06:00:11 AM
Two badge ideas.....?????
As a big Calvin and Hobbs fan, I'd have to go for the second one  :icon_mrgreen:

I would be with you on that.