News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blackforest/Schwarzwald Tour

Started by Bigfeesh, September 15, 2014, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfeesh

Alreet? Last week a Couple of us on Tiger 955's with the Ladies on the rear seats made our way down from the Newcastle/Ijmunden Ferry to Baden Baden in the Schwarzwald. Went via the 'Ring and Koblenz, stopped at a nice little campsite near the 'Ring, Blankenheim, Eifel Camping, to dry out.
      Weather was a tad damp but improved slowly (UK was redders!) The roads in the Schwarzwald were some of the best I have had the pleasure to wobble around, I ain't no spelk and the Missus had her hairdryer along too but me Tigger managed it all fully loaded. We deliberately used some more minor roads of lesser surface quality and again not a wimper, tyres scrubbed to their edges with a big grin from all of us, top quality riding  :thumbsup As you would expect from our Teutonic Brothers the main route through, the 500 is marked with road signs as the "Hochschwarzstrasse" or words to that effect!
      The new campsite at Herrenwies was ideal as a central site, gave us 2 days of slightly foggy but reasonably dry weather to explore the area. This was followed by an Autobahn dash back for our boat, via the 'Ring of course!
        I have ridden bikes all over the world, these were without doubt some of the best roads I have had the pleasure to abuse.  :icon_salut:
Tiptop

Micko

Went through that area with the ex Mrs years ago and you're right the roads were a bloody joy. She was half German and wanted to explore the area more but me...couldn't wait to get down to the alps so tough luck!

Geoff W

A group of us did the B500 a few years ago. It really is a special road, well worth a trip to ride, despite the winter weather it gets the Germans keep it in perfect condition for riding.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.