News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW !! TuneECU for Android

Started by Tom_Hamburg, September 17, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Had a chat with Tom and it seems it doesn't work well on some phones, HTC M7 for example.  I have a HTC M8 so will report back as soon as my adapter arrives.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TT

I have the HTC One, I've managed to import the 10121 map onto the app, all seems good at the mo, just need to wait for the cables, what was the issues them.

TT

Quick question Tom, does the Android app have drivers built in for the cable, or do you have to download these to?

Tom_Hamburg

Quote from: TT on September 26, 2014, 05:47:38 PM
Quick question Tom, does the Android app have drivers built in for the cable, or do you have to download these to?

Hi TT,

The drivers are included in the app, but only the standard FTDI driver.
This means the normal FTDI-USB-OBD2 cable can be used.

The Tuneboy-USB-cable, unfortunately not.

Regards,

Tom
www.tuneecu.net
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

TT

Hi, thanks for your reply Tom, I've got a FT232RL cable, but the app won't recognise it. I've downloaded an app from FTDI from the play station that hopefully will work.

Tom_Hamburg

The specifications of my FTDI-cables are as follows:

Chip Type: FT232R, Vendor ID: 0x0403, Product ID: 0x6001
Chip Type: FT232 / 245BM, Vendor ID: 0x0403, Product ID: 0x6001

Regards,

Tom
www.tuneecu.net

KuzzinKenny

I wonder if this type O thing would work on a triple  :icon_scratch:

http://www.texa.co.uk/products/obd-log

as its not legal to ride and be on yer loptop  :bug_eye :nono  :icon_lol:

KK

Ps a big THANKS to all the team at TuneECU !!  :notworthy  :eusa_clap
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TT

Cheers Tom, think I've fallen fail of the cheap cable scam, can't get it to work on my PC either. Get what you pay for! I'll get a decent cable and report back.

Bixxer Bob

Got my FTDI  OBD cable today with the micro USB adapter and it works perfectly on my HTC One M8.  I checked out all the functions including reading the bike map but excepting map write as mine is running ok and don't want to mess it up.  Well done Alain, Tom etc  :thumbsup

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tom_Hamburg

Update to version 1.1, is available on Google Play Store.

- Connection bug with ECU MC2000 fixed
- Reset Service Interval bug fixed

Regards,

Tom
www.tuneecu.net

Bixxer Bob

Mine updated itself as soon as it was released  :thumbsup

TT

Just used this app, and its spot on. Well done to those involved I'm making this available on android. Haven't been able to run the bike yet though, thread gone in cam bearing cup.oil spewing from rocker cover. One question though, is it advisable to reset the TPS? Or just leave it?

Bixxer Bob

Read how to reset it on the TuneECU website carefully before you try.  If you don't follow the procedure it can get screwed up and then it's a b**ch to put right.  DAMHIK..... :icon_rolleyes: