News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spain 2014

Started by Spud, September 17, 2014, 03:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

First sight of Spain in the distances.

Spud

After a 26 hour flat calm crossing I ended up in a rather strange hotel in Santander, whilst walking around I expected shaggy and Scooby Doo to come running around a corner at any moment.

Spud

you might just be able to make out the full suits of armour standing guard in the lobby....

Spud

After an interesting night I headed east towards Torla where I camped for a couple of nights, but on the way I had a little play around this lake

Spud

Torla campsite, a stunning place near Odessa national park. A place I must return to

Spud

The next day I was off on a little trip over a Coll or two, so I headed out of the campsite and up the valley you can see in the distance

Spud

Some views on the French side

Spud

the start of a few twisties, this was a lovely valley to ride along

Spud

and another one, the picture does not show the full extent of the inversion layer I was above. A huge sky and stunning mountains 

Spud

and a little higher we go

Spud

Spud

just another bend, you can just about make out the path to the top of the mountain, would of been great on a small capacity light weight bike

Spud

Spud

ever have that Condor moment

Spud

just a few more twisties up a famous Col where the poor sods ride for the Tour of France