News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hire bike or swill ale??

Started by Micko, September 17, 2014, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micko

First holiday abroad for 10 years and me and the Mrs are off to Gran Canaria next month. All Inclusive job and can't wait but gonna miss the two wheels and will probably do my head in slobbing out by the pool all day for a week.

Reckon it's worth a shout hiring a bike and exploring? Mind you the last time I was abroad me and the ex mrs had a right barney and I ended up driving out of this village on the wrong side of the road and having a head on.

nickjtc

See if you can rent a scooter and have as much fun as is possible with your clothes on.  :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

The roads on Gran Canaria are wonderful. I hired a car there a couple of years ago. The roads beg for a bike. Most hire bikes are the usual H-D tractors and Bmer GS's. Or as suggested hire a scooter and have a laugh, take it back with scrapes al  over the foot boards.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

rf9rider

Whereabouts in Gran Canaria are you going?

Might be  able to help out with bike hire and roads, been going there for the last 20 odd years.

Micko

Quote from: rf9rider on September 18, 2014, 01:21:58 AM

Might be  able to help out with bike hire and roads, been going there for the last 20 odd years.

Off to Playa del Ingles which sounds as though it's a massive place and any advice would be gratefully received, ta.

ned37

Quotehad a right barney and I ended up driving out of this village on the wrong side of the road and having a head on.
and i thot it was just me...  did the same on the iom back in '01
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

rf9rider

Quote from: Micko on September 18, 2014, 07:21:04 AM

Off to Playa del Ingles which sounds as though it's a massive place and any advice would be gratefully received, ta.

Sorry mate, we go to Puerto Rico, only been to Playa del Ingles once!

If you do get a bike, its worth travelling South from there down through Puerto Rico and take the Mogan road, twisty and runs along the coast, when you get to Mogan, carry on through and up into the mountains, well worth a ride out.

daveb

hire a segway each  :icon_biggrin:

looks like the have motorcycle tours over there

http://www.canarymotorcycletours.com/why-gran-canaria/

Micko

Quote from: rf9rider on September 19, 2014, 02:45:09 AM
Quote from: Micko on September 18, 2014, 07:21:04 AM

Sorry mate, we go to Puerto Rico, only been to Playa del Ingles once!

If you do get a bike, its worth travelling South from there down through Puerto Rico and take the Mogan road, twisty and runs along the coast, when you get to Mogan, carry on through and up into the mountains, well worth a ride out.

Fancy heading to the mountains and having an explore on me tod. Haven't ridden a 125 for years so reckon I'm going to hire something cheap n cheerful and head for them hills!

qbto

Don't know if you've already gone, but research hire companies over there, I was going to hire a scooter/bike in Tenerife and found there a few dodgy companies about.

Micko

Ta for the comments and it's our last day here. Decided once got here to sit back, swill copious amounts and forgo battling through the traffic in the sweltering heat. What a cop out but off work for another week when back so hopefully if the weather ain't too bad will have the odd trip out.