News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

snapped clutch cable

Started by daveb, September 23, 2014, 10:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

on the way to work this morning, just came off M4 couldn't get 2nd gear on the Tiger WTF, just done the oil and other things for my service, tried again and again lever wouldnt go out of gear. stopped in a layby. forced the bike to stall by using side stand.

clutch lever straight to the bar. Bollox. clutch cable snapped. good job my boss stopped took me home for the spare clutch cable, only about 2 miles from home. with in 1/2 hour I was back on the road heading towards work.

on the plus side it wasn't tommorrow on my bon voyage Off to Angers France tomorrow  :wheel

loads of Bikers stopped to see whast was wrong. Even one chap in his BMW car also a biker offer me a gallon of fuel if I had run out.

Sin_Tiger

That was a close one. On my XC I keep spare cables strapped I situ, mainly so I don't lose them in the garage  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Good news, just got the new cable from Speedy Cables, http://www.speedycables.com they are in the same building so great service

I will draw up the cable for future reference, just incase anyone needs one

I will be doing that tonight S_T ready for my road trip

Sin_Tiger

Since they often stay there a long time, I put vaseline or similar over the ends, then a length of heatshrink, fold the end over and then another bit to seal it. Only had to use it once on a Honda and it was still in good nick when I opened it up.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

Cheers S_T,  I will give that a shot tonight

I got a busy night ahead, Run twin clutch cables (sealed ends on one) pack the panniers, get money. I will run usb bables for the sat nav and phone  just bought a hella twin usb charger for the Girly to run these accessories.

Chris Canning

Blimey there's me prep my K1200 to go to Le-Mans don't like the weather forcast and go on the Tiger instead preparation??? fuel in the tank clutch cable is in a plastic bag with the waterproofs.

daveb

All sorted, 2cluch cables installed, 1connected. Sat nav pouch mounted onto handle bars. Textiles were nikwax treated 2weeks ago, over waterproofs ready. 2pairs of waterproof gloves plusv1 summer pair.

Tools in bum bag. Tyre stuff ready.

Time for a beer

John Stenhouse

Just come up from Angouleme, weather was gorgeous except for a shower in Tours which had passed by the time we got there. Enjoy your trip
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

daveb

Quote from: John Stenhouse on September 24, 2014, 01:02:29 PM
Just come up from Angouleme, weather was gorgeous except for a shower in Tours which had passed by the time we got there. Enjoy your trip

cheers John,

we had a bit of a soaking here this morning in sunny wales, almost biblical, typical weather has been soo good here for the last few weeks and the tour day it chuck it down. but all is now good

Sin_Tiger

daveb

Excellent trip,  tiger went exceptionally well fantastic roads, slight problem I lost to screws from my lid moto x style. Had to stop and make a quick repair. Blagged 2cap head studs  from the customerto complete repair.

Looks my scotoiler has a small issue, the adjuster flow cap has come away from the clear plastic body, cable ties sorted it out for the journey.

Will investigate later this week end.

Got some photos to post once I a, sorted.

Rode approx 450 miles yestarday, got home at 1:30am this morning

daveb

Chris Canning

daveb

Oops

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/DaveBelton/slideshow/french%20road%20trip%20sept%202014

Rode about 450 miles yestarday got home about 1:30am this morning. Ship docked at 10pm customs etc so not a bad ride.

On the next meeting I will bore a few who want to know about the trip and the bike we saw