News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will be off to California from Illinois end of the month.

Started by Tiger04, July 10, 2014, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger04

Well my brother in-law and I will be leaving on the 21st to head to California on a 2 week ride. I will be on my 04 Girly which just turned over 87,000 mile today,and my brother in-law on his new 2014 tiger Explorer. Plan on going through MO, KS, CO,UT,NV and CA. Then return back through AZ,NM,TX,OK,AR,MO and back to IL. I do have a reason for the trip. Its my 40th high school reunion :qgaraduate and I thought of no better way to visit and have fun at the same time. :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

Sin_Tiger

Did you really need an excuse  :icon_scratch:

Sounds good, pictures of course please  :wave
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tiger04

Henry

Chris Canning

Having been in the southern end this year I envy you the weather but not the roads it was only then I understood why Americans talk about cruise control  :icon_sad:

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

motoOzarks

Lucky you.
My bestest of friends just moved back to SanDiego area.  70 and sunny is the motto.

If you need a layover let me know.
All the best.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Tiger04

Okay, sorry it took so long to report back on the trip. we left Illinois on July 21st and rode onto McCook, NE. We ran in heat as high as 110F. but the bike ran well :icon_mrgreen:. We left the following morning and ended the day in Santa Fe,NM. We left Santa Fe on our way yo Kingman,AZ. but while riding up a long grade between Santa Fe and Albuquerque my bike spiked a temp in the red for only a minute then came back to its normal range ( I had had no issues of over heating since we started).We arrived in Albuquerque around 9 am and went to get fuel as we headed off the interstate the bike died and would not restart. So as I called for a tow my brother in law looked up dealers in the area and found a Triumph dealer there in town ,so we went there.
So after an inspection they found that my head gasket failed and I now had coolant in my oil.  :bug_eye My bike had 89,000 mile on her and now it could take a week to repair. So I ended up with this!!!!!! this is what I finished my trip on, it's a 2013 Tiger Explorer and had only 9 miles on it.
The dealer JP Motorcycles got it ready to go that same afternoon with everything you see on it. it currently has 5700 miles now.
Henry

Sin_Tiger

Nice  :thumbsup but you might have trouble explaining that when you get home  :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tiger04

Nope wife knew when I called her about my old bike. She was not a happy camper :nono :icon_mad:but she called back and the first thing she asked was what our payments would be, I have a great understanding wife :icon_salut: :thumbsup :love10
Henry

Sin_Tiger

Yup, wouldn't get fat without them, in fact I have trouble getting out the door  :icon_wink:

I do like the blue  :thumbsup