News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OBD2 to USB Question

Started by Fe Man, September 23, 2014, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fe Man

Regarding 2006 Triumph Tiger and TuneECU:

Are all the OBD2 to USB cables the same?
Found one on Amazon for less than $9.00 US....
http://www.amazon.com/Obdii-Diagnostic-Adapter-Converter-Cable/dp/B002WIN8VQ/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Bixxer Bob

I don't think so as some people have had problems with some of the Chinese ones.  I use my Tuneboy cable so have never needed to buy one.  However, I notice that the page linked to by Tom specifies the type of cable needed by TuneECU.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fe Man

I couldn't find any info about what cable....

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Fe Man on September 24, 2014, 12:34:31 AM
I couldn't find any info about what cable....

:icon_rolleyes:

Copied from the TuneECU Android front page, near the bottom:

1.1  Configuration required :
• Smartphone or Tablet Android version 4.0 minimum, dual Core 1.2 Ghz mini.
• Cable USB OBD2 FTDI (The cable is the same as the windows version)
• Adapter USB/micro (cable OTG) if needed
• Optional: Interface Bluetooth ELM327, as of version 1.4
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fe Man

Thanks Bob!

It never occurred to me to look into Android/Bluetooth when I was planning to use a hardwired connection to my laptop...

:icon_scratch:

Tom_Hamburg

Fe Man,

Sources for USB_OBD2-cable and/or Plug Adaptor, can be found here: http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html

Regards,

Tom
www.tuneecu.net
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

TT

Thanks Tom, useful info. I'm going to install app on my HTC one this weekend,

Are there set mapping data on the app, for instance I've removed the plate in my airbox which restricts the air flow, and I'm going to be fitting an aftermarket can this weekend, will there be a Map to suit on the app? 

Sin_Tiger

The cable supplied by Triumph Twin Power works fine.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

You'll need a micro USB male to standard USB female to hook up to your phone....   waiting for mine coming  :nod

The ability to carry everything you need for a remap, reset etc on your phone + a cable I find comforting somehow....  :icon_rolleyes:

TT

Same here, got the app and ordered the cables....I take it the app will automatically find the map I've downloaded.

Fe Man

So I ordered a cable from Amazon that according to the reviews, works on the Triumph and TuneECU.

Well no such luck!
Had to download software to open the DLL files.
Updated drivers, nothing.

I hate this computer bullshit! All I want to do is fix my Tiger!!!!!
It's never easy.

Does anyone have an Amazon link for a cable that works? Amazon Prime gets it here tomorrow!

TT

Are you using Android or your laptop?

TT

It does mention that its for 2009 onwards....

Fe Man

Quote from: TT on September 26, 2014, 12:16:43 AM
Are you using Android or your laptop?

Laptop. I have one working Windows XP laptop in the house otherwise all Macs.
My daughter has an Android tablet however.

Fe Man

Under the TuneECU software, the option tab allows for one to select either serial or USB but I'm unable to change it as it appears to not recognize the cable plugged into the USB port.

I'd give someone $500 to fix my bike and me not have to play with computers!