News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OBD2 to USB Question

Started by Fe Man, September 23, 2014, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Take the air filter plate off the airbox, remove the filter and have a look at the seating of the IACV gasket to airbox seal.  Mine didn't (seal that is)  and needed some additional 3mm dense foam to sort it.  It's not going to be the root of your problems but it will help.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fe Man

New cable, same fucking problems.
This cable is claimed to be specifically for using with the TuneECU software! Dot what the fuck ever has been downloaded, latest drivers downloaded, etc. Same story

"ECU not responding"
"Check cable connection and turn engine off and on"

Well I did that! About 20 times!

Stitch

Did you laptop recognize the cable which can be seen within XP's Device manager? Even if it did, click on the device and make sure it has the dot WTF drivers which is also done through the Device Manager. If you haven't done these steps, then the old POS crap cable drivers will prevent it from working, especially with XP on your laptop.

2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Fe Man

It appears so however I can not specifically select the usb cable in the TuneECU software

Fe Man

FINALLY!!!!!

Was able to connect, reset TPS, starts and idles like a dream!

So with regard to maps, I'm running 10172, stone stock bike. Anything I need to do while I have Pandora's box unlocked?

Stitch

The only thing I would do is copy the reading values so that you have a base-line in case you need to perform troubleshooting in the future. This way you know what works or "what it should look like" with the bike running well. Glad it's sorted.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...