News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No idoit lights.

Started by Boo, August 30, 2023, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

I have a 2006 Tiger 955i, when I switch on the key, sometimes the idiot lights do not eluminate. Horn works, so does the head and rear lights and turn signals.
Ther is no ignition or starter. One relay click, I assume this is for the headlights etc, but the purge pump for the injectors does not whirr.
 Am I correct in thinking there is a relay not working? If so, where is it?  :m

HockleyBoy

Have a look at the ignition block could well be a loose connection
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Madruss

Ignition switch  :thumbsup
Had everything fail on a Scrapheap Adventure ride some years ago. Went to start the bike after a fuel stop, nothing. :^_^ 
Much jiggling of wires after fairing panel removal (KLE500) and zero  :m
Finally, another rider participant came across with a grin on his face, stuck his hand under the the ignition switch block. Next thing all on. Loose soldered connection  :eusa_clap 
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!