News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Loose Seat Bracket

Started by audiododd, September 26, 2014, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiododd

Hi all.  I have a problem with my seat.  It has gotten loose to the point that the whole front of the seat slides around while I'm riding.  Every once in a while, one side of the the seat pan will pop off the bracket and it drops one side of the seat.  The first time it happened, I was in the twisties and it scared the crap out of me.  The problem with the wiggly seat seems to be because the front of the seat only has a couple of metal lips that fit under the pins on the frame. 

Does anybody else have or had a similar problem?  I've tried a few things, but none are permanent and none help.  The pad that sticks on the back of the tank has finally self-destructed, so I though that might have something to do with it.  Ideas anyone?  Once I fix that, I'll get to work on keeping the seat pan on the bracket.  I may just have to bend the bracket out a little bit more.

Thanks,

Dodd
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

HockleyBoy

From memory (and its not very good) there are plastic covers on the metal prongs on the seat base that make it fit snuggly under the pins on the frame. If they were missing it might casue the problems you are experiencing.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

audiododd

Hmmm...I'll have to look at that in the morning.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

audiododd

I don't have any plastic caps on my seat bracket. Does anybody have any photos of their seat bracket?  I can use some Sugru to make some caps if I have a basic idea.

KuzzinKenny

Hey audiododd !! as far as i know the seat subframe should fit snug on the bike frame on its own, so for a test i would remove the seat from the subframe and make sure it all locks into place on its own !!

if it now flops around you will see what the problem is and how to fix it !!  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

audiododd

OK...it looks like there are supposed to be some rubber "feet" on the 4 corners of the bracket.  I'll attach a pic of what it's supposed to look like and what mine looks like.  I'm missing the ones in the front.  That would explain why the front is so loose.  Now I have to either find something that will fit, or make something that will fit.  Any ideas???

KuzzinKenny

Hey audiododd !! that's yer problem all right  :icon_sad: i don't know if that part is available on its own so off to the bike or car breakers you go  :icon_wink: it might be the same as a door bump stop for a car ? untill ya get the right bits you could try this..................

2 x 6" lengths of thickish walled rubber/pvc/braided hose, make a slit along the length of the hose and slid it over the side of the seat frame where the pads should be and tywrap them on useing the holes in the frame  :icon_confused: if that makes sense !! the length is a guesstimate  :icon_wink:

worth a try  :icon_biggrin:

KK   
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly