News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speaking of radiators.

Started by rex007can, September 26, 2014, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex007can

I punctured my coolant overflow tank a few weeks ago when removing the gas tank for the first time. At the time I used epoxy paste to temporarily repair it, which worked well for a bit. Then I eventually found an affordable one on ebay and replaced the bad one last weekend.

I reused the hoses going in and out of the tank.

What are the chances that air got into the system through the hoses when I disconnected/reconnected them from the tank?
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Chris Canning

Doesn't matter really when you changing the header tank(how the F did you damaged it!!!!!!) just undo the rad cap squeeze the rad pipe it'll over flow a little out of the rad cap hole refill rad cap on and refit the header tank and refill slowly like you would the rad.

rex007can

"how the F did you damaged it!!!!!!"

PO installed bar risers.
Angle of said risers make removal of the gas tank a VERY tight fit.

While messing around trying to get the tank off, the front, bottom tip of the tank hit the coolant tank, and it cracked.
Just like that...

Chris Canning

Having stripped mine today for the umpteenth time anyone else reading this you lift the tank up at the back and backwards off the bike,my tank might be off the bike for a while so that'll be fun trying to fit that after a week or so  :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 26, 2014, 10:47:24 PM
Having stripped mine today for the umpteenth time anyone else reading this you lift the tank up at the back and backwards off the bike,my tank might be off the bike for a while so that'll be fun trying to fit that after a week or so  :icon_scratch:

If mine's going to be off for more than an hour or so I stand it on a couple of wooden blocks placed under the front and rear mountings rather than have it sit on the side pods on the floor.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Sounds like a plan to me just put block under back and made a T piece for the front  :icon_wink:

exchead

do they go out of shape if left for long time off bike,are they better off with less fuel in them when removed for long periods of time :icon_confused:

Chris Canning

First time I left mine off came to fit it must have been a month later and I was thinking WTF  :icon_eek: when you come to line the bolt holes up  :icon_scratch: so the simple answer to your question yes they do.

rex007can

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 28, 2014, 09:24:51 PM
First time I left mine off came to fit it must have been a month later and I was thinking WTF  :icon_eek: when you come to line the bolt holes up  :icon_scratch: so the simple answer to your question yes they do.

I wasn't aware they could do that.
Good to know.