News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shim and Valve advice.

Started by TT, October 01, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT

I've done a quick search on the forum, but would like some more info if poss. Suffered yet another oil leak over the weekend on the Girly, this time it came from a bearing cup on the cam, thread had gone and was pissing out of the cam cover. While I'm having the cup helicoiled, I might want to check the shims and valves, any hints and tips please.

Mustang

the search button works fine ....................................

the link is  in the sticky Girly how to thread.
:nod

threepot

Doing it yourself..you know then its been DONE!! I wouldn't trust a dealer after the experience I've had with my Daytona. I could offer you some assistance if you want,seeing as we're more or less neighbours :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

TT

Cheers neighbour, if I get stuck I'll give you a shout. Is there a How To section in the Girly area? Cant see one.

TT

I'm using tapatalk, which I think doesn't show stickies.

Mustang

Quote from: TT on October 01, 2014, 04:17:21 PM
I'm using tapatalk, which I think doesn't show stickies.
there should be 4 sticky threads in the Girly section at the top of the list

this is one of them

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5025.0.html

TT

TT

Ok, I've followed your good instructions and have checked shim clearances, all of them were bang on apart from the middle exhaust shims, way out. Here's my measurements, can you advise on want replacement shims I need for the middle exhaust valve, can't find your sheet.^-^

Mustang

You won't know what size shim to use until you see what size is in those two.

Now you need the shim tool or pull the exhaust cam so you can get them out.

threepot

I have the tool if you don't want to remove cam. Got some shims aswell.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

TT

I was thinking thinking of you earlier, I'm off playing on my Trials bike for the weekend, that would be really useful to borrow the tool,I'll give you a shout.

Thanks