News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955 ecu's

Started by fraserdog, October 09, 2014, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Is there a difference in 955 ecu's between Tigers and Sprint's,Daytona's etc.I know the mapping is different but could you map a Sprint one to suit a Tiger? The reason I ask the question is that I want a spare one to mess about with (mapping etc) without messing up the one on the bike at the moment (I'm not very confident with tune ecu) and it seems the Sprint etc ones are half the price of the Tiger ones on the well known auction site.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

Yup.  I have a Daytona ECU I use from time to time.  As long as it's a S1000T3 you're good to go...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

They seem to be S1000T3's so might get one and have a play.Is it just a simple disconnect the battery unplug and plug in the replacement ecu? If I have a play around with the mapping and decide to put the original back in will the bike be back exactly as it was?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

Connect TuneECU and take some screenshots of your current setup, particularly trims etc.  Now disconnect the battery, remove your ECU (the plugs are an artform and take a bit of getting used to), connect the replacement ECU, connect the battery then establish a Tune ECU connection you can blow in whatever standard map you use.  Check the TPS and reset it if necessary carefully following the procedure.  Likely as not it will need and "adaptation" doing to get it running right.

To go back to the original, disconnect the battery, remove ECU, fit your original ECU, re-connect battery, connect TuneECU and check everything is as it was inc the TPS and everything should be as it was.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...