News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel starvation

Started by srelegante2, October 10, 2014, 01:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srelegante2

Fellas-

I tore into the 955 a few weeks ago, in order to take care of a few things.

I disconnected the fuel lines (quick disconnect) in order to take off the O-rings, as they needed replacement. In the interim, I have been diagnosing the much-written of charging problem.

The fuel lines were disconnected for 7-10 days, while I went to get the O-rings.

We worked on it last nite, and it looks like a bad RR (big surprise). However, it fires and runs, but is starving for fuel. Idle is ok, revs ok, but big gap in the middle.

Q: Is it possible the weak battery is screwing up the FI system? Or an itzy bitzy spider found it's way into my fuel lines? Or other debris? It did not do this before I started this project.

Where do I start diagnosing? I will put the battery on a tender to keep it strong-maybe that will help.

Thanks!!

Curt

John Stenhouse

Weak battery can really screw up these things, it doesn't allow the FI to save it's trim state. Get a full battery on it and try the adaptive tune
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

srelegante2

I switched the fuel lines, and bingo-much better.

Still need remapping, throttle bodies and RR/Stator updates-but at least we can move forward with those.

What a relief.

Thanks!

SE