News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Idle air control valve plumbing

Started by TR5TRIDER, October 12, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

MY non running 2000 Tiger project, recently acquired, is now running and I am trying to renew vacuum lines to idle air control valve. Of the 3 that should be there only 2 exist and those are disconnected from the ports of the valve. Shop manual makes a case for replacing hoses in their original position. There are 3 hoses and 4 ports on the IACV of which one (farthest left of the four as seen from above)is covered with dirt so likely not used. Should it be capped? of the 3 remaining ports anyone know the sequence?

TR5TRider

KuzzinKenny

Hey TR5TRIDER !! have a looky here...............

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4379/1/triumph_parts

just scroll down and find yer model, then scroll through the parts !!  :thumbsup

hope it helps

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

The dirty one is blind anyway so dont connect anything to that, the rest I think don't matter which way round. Check under evaporative loss system, top drawing is anything that isn't california spec.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TR5TRIDER

Thanks both of you. I think John is correct in that the order of the connections of throttle bodies to ports on the IACV are of no consequence. The Triumph workshop manual indicates otherwise but I think it misleading. Anyhow, after posting,  I retired to the Estrogen Free Zone where my motorbikes live and plumbed up the IACV to throttle bodies and she is now running sweet as a nut. No more hunting nor spectacular flaming backfires on over run.

TR5TRider