News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will valve tap equal shim clearance issues?

Started by Roadinator, October 13, 2014, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Ride it, maintaining the level as it is now, until the next scheduled service (oil and filter) then ask yourself the same question again.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

fuh gedda about the noise and ride...........................

Roadinator

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

threepot

As Mustang says..don't get to paranoid about it. I'm sure my Daytona has been running with 'out of tolerance' clearances for a number of years! Long story..so called professional mechanics dealing with it?? Did it myself in the end! Now ive done them,and set them at thhe biggest gap,I've noticed a little noise from valve train. No prob,bike is running OK. When you get tIme,check clearances,work out what shims you need to change,take cams out,and check condition of guides. Put a new tensioner and chain in. Top and tensioner guides are not too expensive,but front guide..head needs to come off to change!
95 Super111
96 Tiger