News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ducati Scrambler

Started by nickjtc, October 14, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

http://scramblerducati.com/en

Serious contender in the 'classic' adventure mould, or boutique wannabe?

Discuss.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

My 22 cents (2 cents + inflation):

If nothing else it weighs significantly less than our dear old Triumph Scrambler.
However if one were to try to get seriously off-roady on it the up turned exhaust might be a collector for all kinds of stuff........ :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

They might as well have called it the Ducati Starbucks. I suspect it's aimed at the BMW R9T market segment.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Not buying one, don't like V twins, end of.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

motoOzarks

Quote from: John Stenhouse on October 15, 2014, 01:11:54 AM
Not buying one, don't like V twins, end of.

I agree about the twins but I like the bike.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 15, 2014, 12:02:06 AM
They might as well have called it the Ducati Starbucks.

:ImaPoser yeah, that's about right!

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

oooh a 90's HD Sportster with badly positioned exhaust and longer suspension. Been there, done that ...  :sleepy1

nickjtc

Quote from: London_Phil on October 15, 2014, 09:09:24 AM
oooh a 90's HD Sportster with badly positioned exhaust and longer suspension. Been there, done that ...  :sleepy1

Now now, be kind! We cannot blame Ducati for trying to squeeze the last drop out of a parts-bin special.

aeronca

Thank God I got that V-twin thing out of my system(and my garage) :icon_biggrin:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!