News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help! Tips? removing OEM regulator/rectifier?

Started by haggis95, October 18, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haggis95

Are there any tips to removing the original regulator/rectifier?  :icon_scratch:

My hand is too big to get behind it and unbolt it. :BangHead

Do I have to (can I even?) remove the battery box etc to do it?
There's a Tiger in my garage

Chris Canning

Battery box out and tank off then you have plenty of room and it's easy peezy.

haggis95

Yep - you're right! Lots of lemon squeezy!

But, why, why, why does Triumph have to use 25,000 different fasteners????

Lots of space

eurobykz

hey Haggis in cowtown - where did you find a replacement RR?   I found a link somewhere on this forum for an outfit in the uk, but wondering if there's a supplier in this country.    I have the tank off, the wheels off, everything ripped apart and poor tigger hanging from the rafters in my garage so I figured I should do the RR thing...

with a handle like haggis I hope you ate some a couple weeks back on Robbie burns day with lots of whisky - we made homemade and had 40 folks over!
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

Bixxer Bob

Using my mystical powers to look at his profile I can see he's not been on for a couple of weeks so might be best to PM or Email him.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

haggis95

Quote from: eurobykz on February 10, 2015, 06:10:11 AM
hey Haggis in cowtown - where did you find a replacement RR?   I found a link somewhere on this forum for an outfit in the uk, but wondering if there's a supplier in this country.    I have the tank off, the wheels off, everything ripped apart and poor tigger hanging from the rafters in my garage so I figured I should do the RR thing...

with a handle like haggis I hope you ate some a couple weeks back on Robbie burns day with lots of whisky - we made homemade and had 40 folks over!
OK - bike is running like a peach. Actually not a good simile 'cos peaches are soft and squishy. It;s running great.

I got the shindengen R/R from Amazon and the stator direct from Ricks http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

The bike starts, runs, and charges perfectly.

haggis95

BTW the new r/r automatically has the sasquatch mod built right in.

benebob

Posted this is the Squach mod thread but thought it might be good here as well.  I  replaced the rectifier with the newest Shindengen Series regulator rather than a shut style.  A sparky I am not but with all the reading I did and the helpfulness of the www.roadstercycle.com site (and owner) I used the Triumph Harness out of a later Rocket 3 Part number #T2500676 which connects to the orignal wiring and then also to the new shindengen electrical connectors.  The bolt holes do not line up  so you would need to make a bracket to mount it to the original location.  I did buy my regulator from the roadstercycle as I was impressed with his site and the help it provided.  The part number is SH775 and the big diffence is that the series regulator only asks for the power the bike needs at the moment from the stator rather than taking all the power then burning the rest off as heat.  If you'd rather use a dealer you can get it from polaris dealers as it is oem in one of their machines.  After replacing I've noticed that my battery doesn't flicker on throttle blips like it used to.  I wasn't having any other charging issues but was concerned with an upcoming ride on the Lab highway alone in the middle of nowhere.  If someone wants pics let me know as I snapped a few but it is really a simple straight foward swap that should end much of the heat related issues with the stator/regulator and wiring.  Not sure what that means for the squach mod but figured I'd stick with the factory set up until I notice some voltage drop to the battery or other issues. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Bixxer Bob

For a non-sparky that's a good summary Bob.  I removed the 'quatch fix when I fitted my MOSFET RR and am happy with the result - always 14- 14.7v now.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...