News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Tiger 955i stepper motor help

Started by nigeh, July 22, 2014, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Nice to get something right though eh Chris??

For anyone that's interested, I looked at Chris's data with TuneECU and noticed that although it was the best running 955 I've looked at, the dwell interval on the middle coil was running a about 1.7msecs where the other two were about 1.67 -1.68.  The dwell interval is the time it takes the coil to recover from generating a spark so the middle one lagging behind the other two suggested that it was on it's way out.  A slow recovery means a weaker spark next firing etc... 

Good to know it made a difference. :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nigeh

Sure is a result.  The last faulty coil I had was on my first big bike, an XS750 back in the early 80's and never had one go since, funny that the XS was a triple too!!!!!!
who needs four cylinders??

www.maisonlaudiere.com