News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Good then bad over night!

Started by HeavyHustler, October 22, 2014, 04:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

So I started the bike this morning and whilst warming up I noticed a little exhaust coming out the back.......thought it wasn't cool enough for that and let it warm up.  When I was ready to take off I noticed more smoke coming up from the triple trees.  Feck.  I look and see oil coming out from the cam cover and dribbling onto the manifold.  Double feck.  So I giver a few revs and she starts blowing white smoke out the exhausts!  Triple feck!  Then I noticed more oil spray on the front.  Feck me.  So I shut it off and went back in the house. 
We still aren't talking.
Thoughts?

PS- ran fine the night before.  no smoke, nada.

TIA lads

ram33

any water in your oil? has oil level risen?
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Mustang

You already found it. Fix the cam cover seal.

HeavyHustler

Thanks Mustang, that was my thinking originally.  However, my other concern was why there was so much smoke coming out the exhaust?

Mustang

cuz hot oil can find it's way into any thing , like exhaust headers for instance ..........................

HeavyHustler

I guess I can either clean out the header pipe or run it until all the oil burns off.......lol!

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Well then..........crickets around here.  LOL!  Most of you must be in arctic regions..... :hat10

So I replaced the cam cover gasket, added a little extra gasket sealer here and there to make sure it stayed in place.  Cleaned my carbs again.  Found the air/fuel mixture screws have moved again causing erratic idling.  Cleaned all the oil off the header.
Fired her up........smoked, smoked more.  Stopped.  Put the tank and such back on and decided to take her out for a flogging on the freeway.  When stopped at lights she was puffing like a chimney!  LOL!  After a 40mile ride around got home.  No more smoke!  :eusa_clap
So my thinking at this point is maybe I should replace the little springs?  They are $8 a piece on BB!  :Topes
Thoughts?