News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ditinguished Gentlemans Ride - Edinburgh 28th Sep 2014

Started by Sin_Tiger, October 22, 2014, 02:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Decided at the last minute to do this as I'd never been on land or in the right place when it was happening before. A couple of hours each way cross country on the Thruxton was a nice entertaining jaunt without turning into a chore and the weather wasn't looking bad so I forwent carrying rain gear.

Quite a motley collection of bikes and owners, mostly local I being the only West Coast interloper "Come away in, you'll have had your tea?". A couple of nice classics, a couple of RAT customs, including a Maggot for BB, a very nicely finished H750/4 quite a few Hinckley bikes of course and the usual collection of chromed cement mixers, you don't need to guess which owners were in the more eye catching get ups!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Very pleasant run along the coast through all the small towns, all very civilised and well behaved even although there didn't appear to be anyone actually organising things or leading other than the HD's wanting to be to the fore as usual. Brief stop for ice cream in Mussleburgh (nobody realised there was a major horse racing event on) and then on through the centre of Edinburgh (nobody realised there was also a major protest march around the Sottish Parliament either) the bike cops herding the protesters were appreciative and waved us on happily.

The square at the Grass Market end point was completely empty on arrival, I don't know if that was by luck or design but nobody batted an eyelid as all the bikes occupied the entire space between the tourist groups who had to be dragged away from the bikes by "flag on a stick" guides.

All in all a pleasant days ride out, just big enough not to cause congestion, all very tongue in cheek, civilised and for a good cause.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

A nice collection of machines, even if I had to pretend I was in Australia or lying in bed to see some!  :ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

:ImaPoser what happens between my phone - PC - forum is beyond me  :XXcomputer

pablo

Looks good. I like a good look at a few classics. I've been taking a look at the website and discovered that the're a couple near to me. I could be tempted to get dressed up and take our Z along.

There'll be no handlebar moustache though.

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

pablo

Quote from: nickjtc on October 23, 2014, 06:53:12 PM
Nice Z1

Thank you. I havn't riden it at all this year, but occasions like the above are a good excuse to get the old girl out.