News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Talladega Trip

Started by birddogone, October 23, 2014, 01:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

Went to the 2014 Talladega race this past week. Rode a couple hundred miles on the Blueridge Parkway and went to the Barber Museum outside Birmingham.
Here's a link for the start of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmKw-6Ikc_0&list=UUAFq47wwRgfEolN5BakDaOg&index=1
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

ned37

that barber museum is a hoot, isn't it?  lotta unique pieces.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Yukon

Great Looking Blue Girly!  :nod

pablo

I would love to visit the Barber museum. Mind you I think I'd need a bed for a couple of nights to take it all in and a big memory card in the camera.
The shot of the road looks like my bit of the UK at the minute. Not much longer to enjoy those colours here though. The temperature has dropped and the winds have picked up lately.

birddogone

Here's a few more pictures of Barber, a little blue Maserati, a couple old Triumph's, the track that can be seen from the rear glass of the building and for the fellas in the UK a shot of a collection of Lotus's.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

birddogone

Thanks Yukon! Ned it really is a terrific place, my buddy I went with has been there a number of times including a bmw rally that was on site. Pablo, the one shot on the road is the Blueridge Parkway. That was the clearest weather on the trip. I had originally planned on riding the entire 471 miles but the heavy fog cut it short at the 199 mile marker.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

KuzzinKenny

Hey birddogone !! good to hear yer Tigger's growlin again after the fuel pump goin titsup  :icon_eek:

and yer trips goin well (apart from the fog)  :icon_sad: rain and wind i can cope with but FOG !!!!!!

Nascar  :thumbsup i love the roar of a V8 on song  :nod the nearest we have to Nascar is the F1 Stockcars

http://f1stockcars.com

KK

ps nice pics BTW  :thumbsup
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Hemibee

I was there in May with a couple other Tiger riders and we will be going back in May 2015.  Great place to spend a day.  We were supposed to be riding the backroads in Talladega National Forest but spent the whole day at the museum.

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

aesdj

I will 1 day get over there to see the daytona 500. Carn't even get it on tv over here although you tubes quite good except the quality can be poor sometimes.