News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

110/80 front tire

Started by Dutch, November 11, 2014, 07:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch

Just out of curiosity (ride a 955i myself) I would like to ask if there is any experience with a 110/80-19 tire on a Tiger 800? The original tire is a 100/90 on a 2.50" rim. Would think a 110 is prefered for this rim, see e.g.  Avon and Bridgestone, the recommend a 110/80-19 for a 2.50" rim.

Reason is that some road tires like the Michelin PR4 Trail are available only in 110/80.

Cheers, Dutch

NeilD

ive got the 110/80 PR 3 on the front of my 800 roadie, works really well.... apparently Triumph did issue a service bulletin advising that the alternative size tyre was acceptable..

Dutch

Thanks for your reply NeilD. Are there so few 800 riders around here or do they all stick to the oem size considering the low response? Cheers, Dutch

Sin_Tiger

Personally I stuck with the stock size with Anakee 2. The 21" is a bit more sensitive at speed but that is more due to my riding style.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tiger Blue

I have a 2014 Tiger 800 ABS A1 that I run the 110/80 Continental Trail Attack 2 F at 32 psi and the rear at 42 psi.  I really like this tire.  It was designed for the BMW F700GS.  It seems to work fine and I like it much better than the stock Pirelli Scorpion Trail 100/90.