News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

XC Broken frame

Started by Spud, November 13, 2014, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Sin_Tiger

As is usually the case with these unfortunate incidents you really need to get the full story, which is not there.

As for Triumph having a reputation for trying to evade warranty work, that's complete  :Topes and that's on record with previous technical recalls, most of which they could have just ignored and dealt with on a one by one basis. The way they have dealt with the 1200 Tiger and Trophy issues that have come up.

The comments are largely unsubstantiated, scare mongering sour grapes I my isolated opinion, emphasis on opinion  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

:iagree  there's always two sides to a story.  My experience via my mate Steve's Sprint ST is that they are fair. 

The point about contradictory advertising is valid, Triumph should sort that out, but the argument about overloading and comparing it with a pillion is not.  It's a dead weight vs a dynamic one.  Try knocking a nail into wood with a steel hammer.  Now do it again with a similar nail and a rubber mallet of equal weight.  See???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Like the others have said two sides to every story but I have to say my experience of dealing with Triumph on a warranty claim wasn't a good one,my first 885i lasted 6/8 weeks and there was allsorts of argy bargy even to point where the sales guy told me Triumph enquired if the bike was bought on HP and did I owned another bike all to determine how much hassle they were going to give me,all completely the opposite when dealing with BMW who have been really good.

Mustang

there was a guy on advrider about a year or so ago bitching about the exact same thing .
Broken frame , overloaded , rough dirt roads .
Triumph told him to suck it too .

Spud

lots of more shinanigans going on now

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Mustang

from the "adventurers" blog who expected triumph to treat him to a new frame .....................
QuoteCrashes and falls
On road: 1, around 60mph both me and bike escaped with no damage after sliding on left side to a halt on gravel verge.
On gravel: 1, bike; twisted bars, smashed wing mirror, broken indicator, engine crash bars pushed right into engine and left pannier bent and bashed. Me broken ribs and bruised arm and leg left side.
Slow speed falls in the sand: 3 no damages.
Bike blown over by wind in Patagonia: 4 no damages.
Dropped bike: 3
Falls in snow and ice: 4

well of course triumph told him no

Spud

the customer is always right don't you know  :BangHead

Sin_Tiger

Can't say I blame Triumph entirely for asking him to remove the posts, there was a lot of supposition, ill informed rants and just plain self important chest beating.

I wouldn't mind so much, as we all like to get things off or chest from time to time but the thread was being used as a big stick, if he'd actually posted some information that was useful like where the cracks were or some photos I might have felt a bit more disposed towards the guy. As it is, is just a selfish and unhelpful thread, jumped on by Internet lawyers with little better to say or do  :blah
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

The owner of the forum insisted on the thread being re instated I believe. Was a good forum a while back,  the gobbing off has cost him a frame and how much is any manufacturer supposed to put up with ? How many claims would of gone through if they had allowed this one, oh dear just binned my bike down the road Mr can I have a new one please  :icon_eek:

nickjtc

Seems to me that if you follow the manufacturers recommendations regarding load carrying capacity you should not have an issue. I don't think Ewan McCharlie went back to BMW for warranty after they grossly overloaded their bikes and then suffered the inevitable frame failures...
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"