News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEC Bike Show

Started by Chris Canning, November 25, 2014, 09:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

For any of you folks still thinking of going it really is one of the better ones that have been there a cheap day it ain't but go early because there's a lot to see.

kraftykarper

Absolutely. I went last year, and just walking around got chatting to Connor Cummins, didn't recognise him at first with the beard, but a real nice guy. Then just round the corner was John McGuiness, just leaning up against the counter signing books. Nothing standoffish about those guys.

Its a great day, wish I could go this year but it might cost me a new Tiger 800!

Chris Canning

I was thinking more along the lines of this year is a good one we go every year but there have been some stinkers of recent.

blacktiger

Not me. I'm not in the market for anything so don't see the point a wasting £15 or so.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Spud

Quote from: blacktiger on November 27, 2014, 05:31:34 PM
Not me. I'm not in the market for anything so don't see the point a wasting £15 or so.

£15 gorden bennet when was the last time you went or was that £15 just for a cup of tea  :augie

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Never mind the price of getting in I'm still coming to terms with seeing my first £1000 motorcycle jacket  :icon_eek:

Nick Calne

£1000? Seriously, that's completely ridiculous!

Did it say BMW or Belstaff on it by any chance?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 24, 2014, 04:03:33 PM
Never mind the price of getting in I'm still coming to terms with seeing my first £1000 motorcycle jacket  :icon_eek:
I think I saw some around that price in Touratec recently? Rukka make?
They've just employed a 'remortgage' advisor there! for anyone making a purchase  :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 24, 2014, 04:03:33 PM

I remember the furore when the first 1000 pound motorcycle was put on the market.  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

If you like the waxed cotton style, have a look at Merlin gear. It's well made and very reasonable price, proper motorcycle gear with the style rather than the reverse of that by a fashion house.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Google Rukka Armaxis my wife has had a Rukka jacket for some years and I was frightened to death to try the Armaxis on in case I like it  :icon_confused:

Nick Calne

:icon_eek:

If you shop around you can get that jacket, trousers and some gloves for £2000.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?