News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Guy Martins - passion for life

Started by KuzzinKenny, December 31, 2014, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

This was on the telly the other nite, if ya missed it, watch it here..................

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martins-passion-for-life/on-demand

it was brilliant  :icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Saw it Ken, the chap is a one-off.

That programme helped me understand some of the things I'd seen him do which I thought were a bit off.   For instance he rode a RG500 Sheene replica at Silverstone, won y a country mile then buggered off home, not even staying for the presentation or to meet the fans or anything.  He was paid to ride the bike and that's what he did.  End of.

In your link he explains he struggles to deal with all the flesh pressing that being famous incurs so avoids it wherever possible.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

he was interviewed in the Guardian a couple of weeks ago and said he much preferred his "day job" as an HGV mechanic to all the TV stuff.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

kraftykarper

Speaking of one offs-Joey Dunlop. My son bought me the DVD entitled Road, a cracking film documentary narrated by Liam Neeson.  I can recommend that one. Its gives us a glimpse into what its like to be a TT rider, and goes some way to explain why they risk life and limb to do it. Well worth watching.

Sin_Tiger

I met Guy briefly at a signing, I do believe he is the genuine article. He was business like and friendly but it was obvious he was ill at ease with people he didn't know personally. I asked him if he would put a dedication on one calendar for a Japanese friend and mentioned that he had told me when I said I was going to the show "Guy Martin, plopper mad he is". Guy stopped and looked up at me with that great beaming smile that we all know and said "Ah like that "plopper mad" brilliant" before making the dedication, he was still chuckling and shaking his head as I passed on. That said all I needed to know about the man  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

He comes across ad just being himself. A rare thing in this day and age. Hopefully being on TV so much won't ruin him.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Through one of those quirks in life I have a connection to a couple of well known bike racers and from that alone I'm never in any rush to judge anyone I see on the box without  knowing them first because as is the case they are always a million miles away from their public persona.

KuzzinKenny

I cant believe no ones mentioned what he bolted to his trailer  :icon_scratch:  :^_^

:notworthy :notworthy

:bad

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nik_the_brief

He's like the next generation Fred Dibnah, sadly there's not many of 'em about.

Loved his passion for engines, the RR Merlin in particular, and that story of him taking it past the recommended RPM limit and it taking off in the workshop taking out a wall, some stairs and damaging some of the trucks had me rolling around.