News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Avon Tyre

Started by Chris Canning, January 19, 2015, 06:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

You volunteering to be a test pilot  :icon_salut:

I read a short article in one of the comics a while back, if I remember correctly they were using the Dora and XC as the main development mules, I'm sure they will have tried other bikes but it did cross my mind they might be trying to get into Triumphs pants. I recall also reading a comment from one of the EU major manufacturers who was quoted as saying "the OE market was very important to them, not just for new bikes but their research indicated a very high percentage of owners stick with original tyres".
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 19, 2015, 06:32:18 PM
:blah :blah :blah....... quoted as saying "the OE market was very important to them, not just for new bikes but their research indicated a very high percentage of owners stick with original tyres".
there is a lot of truth to that statement .
It took me years to convince Mrs M to try something other than T66 Michelins , the only reason she finally changed was Michelin quit making the damn things  :ImaPoser

Chris Canning

Quote from: Mustang on January 19, 2015, 07:30:27 PM
there is a lot of truth to that statement .
It took me years to convince Mrs M to try something other than T66 Michelins , the only reason she finally changed was Michelin quit making the damn things  :ImaPoser

Haha that made me smile I loved the 66's they came stock on both my 900i's can't remember what I switched to after that and the same in early days of the 955 but what ever it was they where crap and thought sod this I need some decent rubber and changed the wheels.

PeteH

Shame I cant wait till its launch in June as my rear Tourance is just about shot and it looks a neat tyre, got Avons on my Speedy and love em, but then I loved the Distanzias I had on my old KLE... could chuck that mutha around even with a 21" front  :wheel
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour