News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Dora

Started by Chris Canning, January 21, 2015, 03:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Nick Calne

Have to agree with you Chris, it is certainly not a sexy thing.  Just looks really average but then so do all of this sort of bike at the moment. Same. Old. :nap
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

They kind of grow on you! I'm getting to like them. Rode one last year..he'll of an engine! Sporty feel to the whole bike. Got back on my 'steamer' and that kind of felt nicer :icon_wink: Worth watching stuff on YouTube about them.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

metalguru

Pot and black Chris.........couldn't resist.

Thought the same it looked a bit erm odd. After using it for a while all the weird shaped stuck anywhere parts all come into their own.
Took a lot less time to sort for myself than the 955 did!!

Still looks like a transformer though.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Sin_Tiger

I reserve judgement on the looks until it comes out, it'll have to go some to hit more branches of the ugly tree than the GS/A  :icon_mrgreen:

It can only get better technically and that will be a neat trick as the engine is a cracker.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

The irony!! look through the net for the original Dora with the big tank that Triumph axed because they got cold feet over the feed back and it looks miles better,but jeeze the size of the engine  :icon_confused: we live in a world of short stroke motors and the multi use of such your not going to cram that into any kind sport adventure bike are you if ever Yamaha bring out big version of their triple Triumph are stuffed.

Sin_Tiger

Don't disagree about Yamaha, they have found their mojo, albeit borrowed from Hinckley. So let's hope Triumph have moved the goal posts significantly. I doubt that they will have been sitting on their hands.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

The latest incursion of the MT09 (called the Streaker or something daft like that?) is a hell of a bike for eight grand; the other maufacturers either need to follow suit or suffer. 

It puzzles me that there's little to choose between a small car and a bike these days in terms of engine technology, and there's a hell of a lot more media tech etc in a car, while there's no glass or much trim on a bike yet you can buy a small car cheaper than a lot of bikes.  I know there's the volume of sales aspect to consider, but once the design work and tooling up are done, it's money in the bank. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

I agree,cars offer much more 'value for money'. Look what you can get for the same 'buck'. But,we still get more pleasure on 2 wheels. I'm surprised they designed an all new engine for thhe Explorer? But maybe they couldn't enlarge the 675 sufficiently to make it work?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

tonytiger

Triumph NorthEast are launching the new Dora on the 29 of Jan.
I might have a look up to see it in the flesh.

Nick Calne

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 22, 2015, 11:08:51 AM
(called the Streaker or something daft like that?)

We can't criticise other bikes names around here... Girly, Steamer, Beaker.... and dora. :ImaPoser
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: tonytiger on January 23, 2015, 06:01:28 PM
Triumph NorthEast are launching the new Dora on the 29 of Jan.
I might have a look up to see it in the flesh.

I'm at Lings in Watton, Norfolk with the road safety team :qgaraduate
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...